Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mytoyota Eu & Mytoyota Gb, Poof! And They're Gone!

CPN

Well done Toyota for making a complete dog's dinner of your websites!

The other night when I tried to login to the EU portal, I got a popup telling me that they were amalgamating the accounts between MyToyota EU and MyToyota GB and then started a process of making the login details the same for both... (using my common e-mail address as an ID)

Took a while but then invited me to login using my new credentials (a combo of the old 2) and so I did and then....

Nothing! Blank screen with Toyota header and my name etc with the usual stuff like a menu for "vehicle", "e-store" etc etc but when any were clicked on (even my profile), NOTHING!! Grrrrr....

Why can't people remember the maxim "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"?

What a shambles and I have just found out that my car cannot now login since the head unit doesn't seem to like an account with an e-mail address login (required by the new regime) either... sigh... wonder if they checked on that before they made the changes??

have you tried scrolling down the screen to the login button?

Already logged in... :(

This is all I now get...

post-126463-0-30614600-1433552966_thumb.

Everything I click on results in the same screen... :death:

I'm having fun because it seems to want me to verify my vehicle again ... I have a nasty feeling that once I've done that that all my existing reminders & entries will have vanished :death:

What a complete screw up they are.... :giljotiini:

Glad I'm not the only one who found this a ballache the other evening.

I'm having fun because it seems to want me to verify my vehicle again ... I have a nasty feeling that once I've done that that all my existing reminders & entries will have vanished :death:

Small tip, when entering the details from your V5C, the portal states its 6 digits you need to enter, it kept rejecting this for our Yaris and my PiP however, and only verified them when the first 5 digits were inputted from memory.

Small tip, when entering the details from your V5C, the portal states its 6 digits you need to enter, it kept rejecting this for our Yaris and my PiP however, and only verified them when the first 5 digits were inputted from memory.

When I try to enter the Variant Code for my car from the V5C it does not exist!!! Tried the first 5 digits, the extra 2 in brackets and all combinations with and without the brackets!

"When I try to enter the Variant Code for my car from the V5C it does not exist!!!"

My car doesn't exist, according to them, full stop. Registration mark entry brings up a message to state they don't have a record of that!? Similarly for the variant code.

What a complete horses backside they've made of a perfectly functional facility. I'll not bother any more. I know when my next service and v.e.d. are due anyway.

What a complete horses backside they've made of a perfectly functional facility. I'll not bother any more. I know when my next service and v.e.d. are due anyway.

Agreed! They have accepted my Registration Number and VIN number but ask me to confirm the vehicle with the Variant Code. Presumably the Variant Code is Toyota's property so they must already know it but when I enter it from the V5 it is not recognised. Double barmy!!

When I try to enter the Variant Code for my car from the V5C it does not exist!!! Tried the first 5 digits, the extra 2 in brackets and all combinations with and without the brackets!
I managed to get there in the end, all I know is it wasn't 6 digits it wanted, as I say from memory it was only 5.

"When I try to enter the Variant Code for my car from the V5C it does not exist!!!"

My car doesn't exist, according to them, full stop. Registration mark entry brings up a message to state they don't have a record of that!? Similarly for the variant code.

Try by VIN, it doesn't seem to like reg numbers if its changed since original registration (reg plate transfers etc), ours pulls though the reg plate the vehicles were registered with and not the private plates they've had fitted for the last 6 months.

Just had a fairly lengthy conversation with Sam at the Toyota Contact Centre (0344 701 6202) about this and they are fully aware that it seems to be a bit of "a mess" (his words not mine!) and hasn't worked for a lot of customers.

I have been assured that no account details will be lost, just that they are not coming up at the moment, so no need to try and create a new account or anything drastic like that as this will conflict with existing vehicle details already in the database (and probably why some have had difficulty trying to re-register their vehicle...). I have been told to WAIT, do nothing and it will all come good eventually!

Apparently this was all supposed to take just 48 hours from start to finish but they have now been working on it for a week and it still isn't right! :oops:

Just another problem that I pointed out to Sam while I was on...

I found out that the Head Unit (and mine has the latest software) doesn't like Toyota accounts where the id is an email address in the form of "name@name.co.uk" either as when you set up a new account like this, it's expecting a solid string of letters as an id in the form "namename" without any kind of punctuation (like "@" or ".") embedded! Once you have completed setting up this new account and if you then try and go in to edit it, comes up completely blank including the account title! double :oops: !!

I'm guessing that someone didn't complete any thorough testing on this before they made it live!! :bangin:

What a palava! Right! I'm back on the myToyota website but guess what? It won't work in the latest version of Google Chrome v43.0.2357.81 m (64-bit) so I have had to go back to using MSIE! Poop! :)

Had to do the vehicle verify thing but even that was a problem as on my V5C it shows my variant as NHP13 when it should actually be NHP130! :death:

Ignore my post #14 above as they are still using the original EU portal ID for the vehicle.

Got there in the end though...

Update: Chromes does work but you need to enable 8 separate 3rd Party cookies for the mytoyota site to work in it! (Chrome blocks 3rd party cookies by default - the average person probably wouldn't know that...)

Had to do the vehicle verify thing but even that was a problem as on my V5C it shows my variant as NHP13 when it should actually be NHP130! :death:

I am glad you told me that as mine is NHP13 in the V5 as well. NHP130 is one combination I didn't try!!

EDIT: And yes, NHP130 has successfully verified mine as well.

Great! Now all we need to know is, who made the mistake in the first place? DVLA? Local Dealer? Toyota GB? :dots:

(if you look at the Version number under the Variant on your V5C, you'll notice the version starts with NHP130 also...)

when I verified my vehicle I found that all my previously set up reminders had, in fact, disappeared. :(

It's not that it's a lot of work to set them all up again but it should have been unnecessary.

Also noticed that we seem to have lost the Accessories section. edit: found it under Vehicle Features (which doesn't seem to be working reliably for me atm).

I've not had to verify my Auris - the info was still there.

as you can see from the thread a no. of us did have to verify our vehicles again. Having done that the service info. was still there but my previously set reminders had gone.

I've not had to verify my Auris - the info was still there.

as you can see from the thread a no. of us did have to verify our vehicles again. Having done that the service info. was still there but my previously set reminders had gone.

Which is why there are the question marks in my post ......

well, I can't speak for other people but it's still not working properly for me this evening - as before the vehicle details tab seems particularly flaky ...

And stating "I've not had to verify my Auris - the info was still there." is of no help to those for whom the site doesn't work!

My vehicle still doesn't exist there.

And stating "I've not had to verify my Auris - the info was still there." is of no help to those for whom the site doesn't work!

My vehicle still doesn't exist there.

Posts in question and accompanying links deleted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links