Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Gauge On Yaris 2014 1.33

Asda mick

Hi new to the forum just got a yaris and noticed when I fill the tank up the needle has not moved from full After 44 miles is this normal also does anyone know how much fuel is left in the tank when the gauge is on R thanks great site very useful for me.

Hello Michael - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The fuel gauge on a number of recent Toyota models is non-linear - it takes a while for the first bar of the gauge to extinguish and the other bars extinguish more quickly as the tank empties. See the following as an example of how the fuel gauge operates - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157794-auris-133-fuel-bar-fuel-consumption-and-all-that-stuff/

Thread moved to the Yaris club.

I've calculated there's eight litres left in my tank when the low fuel light comes on, more than fifty miles worth.

I haven't dared do more than thirty!

I've not gone down to the warning light yet but can confirm my gauge needle doesn't move from the full for a good few miles. That's usually after brimming the tank though.

As it is a "conventional" fuel gauge with a needle and calibrated scale, and not the silly bar type, I find it quite accurate (once it leaves full), e.g. from 1/4 full on the gauge the tank will accommodate around 30 litres to fill.

Yeh mine doesn't move for a while either, I find it seems to move down after turning off and starting again after a journey

Hi new to the forum just got a yaris and noticed when I fill the tank up the needle has not moved from full After 44 miles is this normal also does anyone know how much fuel is left in the tank when the gauge is on R thanks great site very useful for me.

I bet you brimmed it - filled until the petrol pump stopped.

This means you not only filled the tank - which is where the fuel is measured- but also the line from tank to filler cap. (This takes about 3-4 liters depending on the speed of the fuel pump etc).. So you can drive approx 4 liters worth of fuel - and not affect the fuel guage which will read FULL.. until you start using the tank contents..

Thanks everyone yes I did fill it right to the top and it stayed full for 52 miles then I noticed the pointer started to move down. Very pleased with the milage I'm getting with this engines 1.33 compared to the the smaller yaris that I traded it in for.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links