Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Thoughts On My New Yaris Hsd

Hybrid-Harry

You can create your own customer account there and get lots of good info free... (I've used it a lot...)

But I don't think for what we want, good of them to give the wrong web site!

Indeed! However, if you are referring to playlists, the answer is in the (downloadable) Touch2 manual and that is that playlists are not supported at all. I don't think it even supports Apple ones either as it simply opens iPod storage as a disk drive and uses the folder structure (I previously mentioned) to sort out tracks and albums...

On the previous Yaris touch system both playlists and album art was supported, playlists had to be in .wpl (windows media player) format in the same folder as the music and the same name as the folder. The album art you just embeded into the mp3 tag and placed the .jpg in same folder as the music. All worked peachy, you would of thought they would have kept it the same. All the manual says is that .m3u files are not supported, the last touch system said that as well!

Ah ok, well I have to say that all the embedded album art on my USB all works but then, I don't use playlists at all. If I want to use a single album, I just listen to that sequentially. If I want assorted music, I just put it on random... If I want a particularly mixed up list of stuff from a particular genre, I have several albums like "American Anthems I & II" or "80's hits" that takes care of that for me...

There isn't a Toyota UK.

Toyota (GB) plc is the company responsible for all sales, marketing, aftersales and customer relations for Toyota and Lexus in the UK.

Mr Matt Harrison is the Managing Director for Toyota GB and his e-mail address is: matt.harrison@tgb.toyota.co.uk

• Like 1

Frostyballs, have just sent him an email, will see what he says, I told him I thought it was a disgrace to charge for the information. Will let you know what his reply is.

CPN, what program do you use to embed album art? Can you let me know if you stick to a set size of picture, what format is it, what do you name it and where do you place it?

On the previous Yaris touch system both playlists and album art was supported,....

All worked peachy, you would of thought they would have kept it the same.

Not at all. Most of these 'solutions' are IP owned by media companies and involve license fees to use. Toyota may no longer hold a license for this one (for whatever reason, possibly because the IP owner is asking a lot more for a license).

It's similar with PCs - Microsoft can't/won't bundle some things with the OS because of the problems with licensing. Windows 10 won't play DVDs natively whereas W7 and W8 do, so we will have to download a separate application to do so. The current belief is that this is probably because of licensing, though I don't think MS have confirmed or denied it yet.

I have working playlists! Even though the manual says it won't I tried oddgravity Playlist Creator 3.6.2 to create a .m3u like this -

1. Started Playlist Creator

2. Created a folder on the USB called Playlist

3. Dragged the music files to Playlist Creator in the order you want them

4. Set the folder Playlist as the Save location folder in Playlist Creator

5. Entered a meaningful name for the playlist

6. Ensure the type is .m3u

7. Click - Create Playlist

Put the USB stick in your car and allow it a minute or so for the system to read the stick and you should see under Playlists what you have just created. Select one and the playlist contents will be displayed, press the first entry and away you go. I tried a mixed list playing files from different folders and it worked ok.

Now just to sort out displaying album art! :thumbsup::clap:

"It's similar with PCs - Microsoft can't/won't bundle some things with the OS because of the problems with licensing. Windows 10 won't play DVDs natively whereas W7 and W8 do, so we will have to download a separate application to do so. The current belief is that this is probably because of licensing, though I don't think MS have confirmed or denied it yet."

Or is this to do with giving consumers a choice over what player to use. Similar to how MS had to make consumers aware that they could use other browsers rather than just IE.

CPN, what program do you use to embed album art? Can you let me know if you stick to a set size of picture, what format is it, what do you name it and where do you place it?

I don't use a specific application. I just let windows media player do its job when ripping my CDs and mostly it gets it right... Sometimes it needs to be corrected but not often...

I've recently bought a 4yr old, yet just 10.000km, Yaris model 1.3 VVT-1 twin with S&S. Pratically as a brand new car.
These my impressions and experiences
Positive points:
- nice body and perfect varnishing;
- very comfortable seats;
- very still while cruising;
- precise steering
- powerful brakes;
- very elastic motor.
Now the negative ones:
- only one lock over four doors;
- the door lock opens in clockwise direction (opposite way compared to usual) while the back door opens counterclockwise;
- ECO S&S cannot be disabled and when stopped in the traffic, in front of my home gate or while opening the garage door, the car stops in 0sec (it also stopped 5 times during a parking operation);
- when S&S stops, sometime it gets in conflict with driver operations thus lighting "engine fault" warn and impeding restarting for 20-30sec (it happened frequently while waiting in front-line of a crosslight: a real disaster!!!);
- the first gear won't enter (idling it or trying the reverse or the second gear doesn't always help);
- the cockpit central display is very difficult to read (on the right hand, to far from eyes and directly flashed by the vertical mid-day sun).
- the gas "reserve" indication is very... "reserved" (it doesn't want to bother ...yet waiting to see you stuck with empty tank!!!)
- the little trays on the central column sides have slots where coins and keys fall in with no chances to retrieve them.
Well, a GOOD car with little yet bothering flaws!!!

Thank everybody for hints. I've solved the two most annoying problems:

- S&S as a default is now OFF as a default;

- 1st gear not engaging is now perfectly engaging.

I still forget to turn the key counterclockwise to close and since my other cars do it clockwise... I've got to buy remote control to avoid risk not to close it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links