Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

R.i.p. Top Gear

TomdeGuerre

Chris Evans as the new presenter for Top Gear??? They might as well have had Terry Wogan.

Ah well RIP to a great programme, I'll just have to be satisfied with re-runs and my DVDs. Oh, and my VHS's of Alf Garnett.

• Like 1

Well the trio are planning something new I will be waiting eagerly and I think its gonna be killed off I shall watch the first episode and see how it is but I think it will be awful

Think the BBC have scored a massive own goal with their stance on Top Gear, and have done irrepairable damage to the brand. I shall watch the first couple of episodes of the new format, but have a sneaking suspicion the show will go the same way as 5th Gear ......

• Like 1

It will never be the same...particularly with that idiot in charge

• Like 1

I give it one series,then goodbye.

The BBC have scored the biggest own goal in broadcasting.

Yes Clarkson was a naughty boy,question is was he £50 million naughty,because thats what the BBC are losing in revenue.

That;s the problem with the BBC Ken, they'll lose £50 million and nobody's head will roll. I think Clarkson was a thorn in their politically correct side, he was always having a swipe at them and I'm sure they won't be mourning his departure - only us petrolheads (Clarkson also dislikes diesels and that's a plus for me....aw right, only kidding). I think the BBC's one of the richest broadcasting corporations in the world, no wonder with all us minions hounded into paying our TV licences under penalty of prison snetences and social disgrace.

I've seen PBS in America, about the closest thing, and it's OK but when they go on their funding drives it's about as bad as the commercial channels with their adverts. I've also seen the US version of Top Gear and it's a prime example of how not to mess with the format. No, Clarkson, the long haired git as Alf G would have called him in his younger days and Jock-bashing yobbo is priceless. Let's face it, he's also great when he gets down to it on the track. Ever see him driving that old Bentley with the aeroplane engine in it. He said the greatness of this car can only be measured by the diameter of the drivers texticles!

I love TG.

Why?

Because it takes me to counties I will never visit,it takes me round the track in cars I can never afford and lastly and most importantly it makes me laugh.

Thank God for the re runs on Dave,so I can get my "fix".

Evans to replace JC,in your dreams.

I saw the Bentley episode,one of the best was when he drove the Ariel Atom and how it destroyed his face,priceless.

• Like 1

To be fair, they didn't have a choice.

He already had two warnings and he topped it off by physically assaulted someone; He's lucky he didn't get hit with something more serious tbh.

For all the stick he gets, he's an honourable bloke; If he hadn't held up his hand and 'fessed up to what he did, he could have gotten away scott-free as the guy he hit wasn't going to grass him up.

But, as they say, no good deed goes unpunished. :(

I think the ginger nut is damned brave to take this post - He's gonna get a lot of flak for it, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

One thing's for sure tho' - It won't be the Top Gear we all knew and loved... I just hope they don't try and shoe-horn the old Top Gear onto the new cast because, without Clarkson, May and Hammond, it just won't work.

I reckon it will become another 5th Gear personally...

Still, there's a rumour going round that the three of them are going to start a new show on Netflix so there's still some hope!

Out of curiosity, what would you lot have picked for the lineup? I must admit, I have no idea who I would pick!

• Like 1

I'd love to nominate a new team but Scotland has been placed under some severe restrictions....

post-140480-0-44498900-1434573186_thumb.

When I saw the thread title I thought 'oh no,another 6th gear gone in an Auris D4D box'!

I can just about tolerate Chris Evans on the radio where you can't actually see him (although his voice is annoying enough) but on Top Gear?

Nah.

When I saw the thread title I thought 'oh no,another 6th gear gone in an Auris D4D box'!

:lol:

• 8 months later...

The new Top Gear must be about ready to burst forth upon our screens. I've seen a few of the candid shots and supposed rows behind the scenes all i suppose to whip up our interst / whet the appetites. I'll bet it's been thoroughly vetted by all the hierarchy in the BBC to make sure it is environmentally balanced, racially diverse, appealing to any known gender and thereby bereft of any form of entertainment. 

I wonder which group this one is meant to appeal to:

New Top Gear.png

20 minutes ago, TomdeGuerre said:

The new Top Gear must be about ready to burst forth upon our screens. I've seen a few of the candid shots and supposed rows behind the scenes all i suppose to whip up our interst / whet the appetites. I'll bet it's been thoroughly vetted by all the hierarchy in the BBC to make sure it is environmentally balanced, racially diverse, appealing to any known gender and thereby bereft of any form of entertainment. 

I wonder which group this one is meant to appeal to:

New Top Gear.png

Children by the look of it...

• Like 1

!Removed! hell, I didn't know there were THREE Chuckle Brothers!!! :eek::lol:

• Like 1

Due to be screened from 8th May - keep an eye on CBBC's programme schedule ....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links