Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris Or New Avensis

bytterga

hello.

I have been focusing on the New Avensis and was at the dealer on the release day checking out the Avensis. During the talks With the dealer i got to see some pic's of the new auris that will be released in september (Norway)

the pricing is not so bad. i get a auris hybrid Touring sport executive cheaper than the Avensis active style 1.8 diesel, so i have a problem..... New Avensis or the New Auris???

what does the auris owners think? is the auris a good car and does the hybrid thing have any problems?

give me some advise please.

sorry for the bad English.

Will you be towing a trailer? The hybrid can't.

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

Going by the existing car the Auris estate has more listed load space volume than the Avensis estate but imo the Avensis has more actually usable space.

There is also a difference in build quality (although both new hopefully have further improved in this), you can tell that the Avensis is a class above.

• Like 1

Being in the market sector below the Avensis, the Aurus has a shorter wheelbase (2600mm rather than 2700mm) - this usually translates into less legroom for rear passengers.

• Like 1

thanks for all for the answers.

the only thing i will be towing is the thrash can from my house Down to the road.....

what i have been told the New auris get a facelift , some small changes to the interior and the safety sence packet so the driving and Comfort could be compared With the existing model.

how is the auris when it comes to noise from Wheels and stuff? the New Avensis has been improved to get less noise and vibrations.

as far as room for the legs in the rear dont matter to me since we are only two persons in the car most of the time.

has there been any problems With the hybrid engin ? i am a bit scared to go from diesel to hybrid....

No problems with the Auris drivetrain - which is lifted from the Prius. There has been an issue with the auxiliary Battery being drained if the car has been left standing for a period of time, which was fixed in production last year. Some hybrid owners use a trickle charger as a preventative measure.

• Like 1

tbh I think that the hybrid engine is probably going to cost you less over 150-200k than a diesel - no DPF, no intercooler, no turbo, no DMF etc. etc. of course lower particulates into the atmosphere than even a Euro 6 diesel.

They are only autos though so you might want ti try driving 1 to see if you could live with it.

Personally, I wish that they made a hybrid Avensis sized estate with the drivetrain from the Lexus IS/NS 300h

• Like 1

thanks for all for the answers.

the only thing i will be towing is the thrash can from my house Down to the road.....

what i have been told the New auris get a facelift , some small changes to the interior and the safety sence packet so the driving and Comfort could be compared With the existing model.

how is the auris when it comes to noise from Wheels and stuff? the New Avensis has been improved to get less noise and vibrations.

as far as room for the legs in the rear dont matter to me since we are only two persons in the car most of the time.

has there been any problems With the hybrid engin ? i am a bit scared to go from diesel to hybrid....

Facelift Auris also benefits from new suspension tuning to improve handling and comfort as well as extensive improvements to cabin soundproofing

• Like 1

hello.

I have been focusing on the New Avensis and was at the dealer on the release day checking out the Avensis. During the talks With the dealer i got to see some pic's of the new auris that will be released in september (Norway)

the pricing is not so bad. i get a auris hybrid Touring sport executive cheaper than the Avensis active style 1.8 diesel, so i have a problem..... New Avensis or the New Auris???

what does the auris owners think? is the auris a good car and does the hybrid thing have any problems?

give me some advise please.

sorry for the bad English.

there is no doubt that Avensis is more upscale vehicle. What kind of equipment is active style vs executive, are you missing many things? Otherwise, no doubt that Avensis is better choice for same price.

As to the diesel, it is 1.6l I guess? or 2.0l? There is no 1.8l... Hybrid is great, so you wont have issues there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links