Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clatter After Fitting A Tuning Box.

AlysAvensis

Got a facelift 2.2 D4D 150.

Fit a tuning box around a month ago from Bluespark and got the CRTech V1.

Out the box it says I should get around 173bhp and 391nm of torque.

The standard setting didn't feel that much quicker even though there was a slight gain so I bumped it up one notch but not to the highest setting (manufacturer doesn't recommend this for long periods).

I've started noticing that the injectors have become noisy around 2,000-3,000rpm with partial throttle, if you floor it they shut up.

I removed the box so it is factory again and the engine is a lot quieter almost silent compared.

Is this damaging the injectors or the fuel rail running at a high setting? My injectors have had a small leak on them even before fitting the box would replacing the seals help and is the clatter caused by perished seals? I know from past experience on the peugeot HDI engines when they have a lot of miles on them they can develop clatter and replacing the injector seals does help.

Anyone with similar experiences please tell thanks!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links