Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Window 1998 Avensis

Konrad C

After a long while, a barely visible line became more visible. After checking my insurance I phoned for a repair. I spoke to a lady from Nationwide Windscreen on Sunday, then on Monday an appointment was made for Tuesday morning. they said the glass is being replaced as the crack cannot be repaired. They had not seen the damage.

post-76861-0-73756400-1435234971_thumb.j

The Fitter attended within the allotted time and was finished in an hour. Being skilled the job was straight forward.

He demonstrated the crack expanding by pressing it. The crack was in the middle of the screen, a little to the left of my eye line. It was in line with left side of the steering wheel. It reflected on bright days.

First I am surprised they had the right glass so quickly. It seems as though repairs are not an option any more, but repairs are not always successful. The glass looks the same quality as the original.

When asking about Autoglass, the call handler and the booking agent both said that Autoglass can take long to deal with jobs, and the fitter said that Autoglass have too much work, and Nationwide Windscreen source the glass from the same supplier.

What experience has others had with repair or replacement windscreens.

Konrad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links