Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oops!

SteveOwen

:oops:

I was changing my 09 Avensis Auto reverse light and there was a spark and now several things are wrong:

The reverse light no longer lights

The Gear Display showing which gear you are in is not showing

The air con is not working

The indicators are not working although the hazards are and they flash when I lock the car.

The passenger Airbag warning is showing in the dash display

Everything else seems fine, so...

Is there one fuse that deals with all of these? And if so where on earth is it? I canot make head or tail of the fuses bit in the owners manual.

And early reply would be so very helpful, particularly as it is a taxi and I need to work tomorrow.

TIA as they say on facebook!

Hi Stephen,

Check all the fuses and the fusible links. If you have blown a fusible link, it is a fiddly job. To change them means a bit of dismantling.

If you have the handbook, you can get details of which fuse does what, including the fusible link and relays.

There are places which you can find wiring diagrams, but some charge for the download or from are risky sites.

One of the members knows the correct safe site to get the info.

The other option will be an auto electrician.

Something was live when you had the short. Make sure you switch off the circuit you are working on!

Lets hope you solve this.

Konrad

You can buy online time here and get the exact information for you car, it costs €3 an hour. You can download and save the pages as pdf's so you might not need to buy any more than an hour

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

Thanks, fellas. In the end it was a bit of good old inspiration that saved the day. After I couldn't find the fuse board under the glovebox I used my shaving mirror to take a look further under and there was the cover for the hidden fusebox! Pulled fuse 21 and it was blown so I replaced it with the 10amp spare from under the bonnet and Bob is your uncle! Konrad, I did forget to put the car out of reverse which is why the circuit was still live! I'll remember next time...

:clap:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links