Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hands Free Kits

idh

Hi looking a bit of advice on the best and easiest hands free kit to fit to a 2009 1.4 d auris , thanks.

We had Parrot MK3100 kits in previous cars which worked flawlessly. They mute the stereo and the sound comes through the Speakers. They have their own small screen with caller ID and full control of contact list etc, and also had voice dialling. You had to record a voice tag to each contact if you wanted voice dial to work tho (we did the most common dozen or so contacts and used the screen to call any oddballs). You can get newer models with smarter more colourful screens, and also some others without the screen, and I believe you get some with a control thingy you attach to the steering wheel.

AFAIK they all require a degree of dash dismantling to get to the wiring behind the stereo, and you need to route the mic to wherever you want it (we went for near the rear view mirror), and there's the brain to hide away somewhere too. You'll need an adapter cable to convert the Toyota wiring to the standard ISO cables the Parrot kits use. IIRC my sis-in-law got one fitted for £175, and the kit would've cost about £140 if she'd bought and fitted it herself. They're not rocket science to fit yourself tho if you're happy stripping random bits off your car.

Remember if you get one with a screen you'll need to work out a good place to site it, and how to stick it on.

I have Parrot CK3000, and it's very nice device. Installation takes some time, but with harness adapter it's easy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links