Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Vvti Or Carina E - Your Choice?

Beardie

Anyone owned both vehicles with plenty of miles under their belt?

Just interested in an opinion on whether the newer VVTi engines are a patch on the bullet proof lean burn units.

The old CarinaII/CarinaE/MKI-prefacelift Avensis engines were as you say bulletproof and in the CarinaII days when the originated were astounding in that they could go for 300-400k. As for the VVT-i ones, people have complained of a minor problem, and they don't seem to sound as healthy, but now days any medium sized engine will do 200k+ so it's less of an issue.

The trouble with the Avensis is that the engines will last longer than the cars.

I think engines will be fine, but there are lots of people who have gearbox problems, I would stick to the auto's as Toyota auto's have always been well proven.

Personally though, I would try and fine a Camry if you can, there a better car than the Avensis and are guarnteed to do the miles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links