Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Adjust Hand Break?

starwand

Hey,

Does any one know how to adjust the hand break on the starlets. I placed a set of new disc pads in the back and i saw that the handbreak was still high. So i adusted it from the ***** pit until i got about four clicks. but the hand break isn't holding. it seems as thoughit jams at that amount the car still rols . can it be adjusted from the back? or anything else. :ffs:

Thanks

i am assuming you have drums in the rear. yes it can be adjusted from the rear. It shoud be adjusted from the rear first before adjusted from the interior of the car. there is a slit on the inside of each drum. in trhe slit there wil be a small geared wheel. u will need to get the side that you will be working on jacked up on stands and stick a flat head scfrew driver into this slit and use it to turn the gear wheel. every now and then you will wnat to spin the rim and see how far you've adjusted it. this will help you determine if you've gone too far.

If you've gone too far then the rim will not spin freely after you push it. you want the brake shoes to be barely touching the drum. Soe people like to say tht you know you have it set right if you can push the rim and make it spin 3/4's - 4/5's of one full revolution.

i hope this is enough information. Oh yeah...before you start adjusting from the rear. relieve some pressure off the brakes from the interior of the car first.

HI

Thanks for the Responce But i carry Disc Pads in the back. Sorry i didn't mention that. :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links