Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help With Bluetooth

Sadge

I recently changed my phone from an Android - which worked perfectly with my Aygo bluetooth, to a Windows phone.

I simply can't get the bluetooth to accept my Contact List from my Lumia 435. It seems that it will accept contacts if I enter the names/numbers one at a time, Even the Toyota chap in the local service department couldn't do it - he said he thinks it's not possible witth this phone.

I'm wondering if the problem is that with a Windows phone one contact has both 'home' and 'mobile' numbers attached to the name, whereas (if I remember correctly) my Android phone had separate entries for each number, i.e. Joe Bloggs Home/Joe Bloggs Mobile?

If this is the case, how have other people done it? Do I really have to change all the people in my phone to a separate entry for each method of contact?

That's the joy of a windows phone, although 10 will be able to do it once it arrives

Some cars can "pull" contacts from your phone. Others need them "pushed" from the phone to the car. Some phones can't "push" contacts. Our Auris and iPhone combo is like this and our way round it was to use an old phone (which could "push") to push contacts to the car, then delete the pairing and re-pair your new phone. It was a bit of a pain to do, and the car can only hold so many contacts anyway (like maybe 20?), so we only did the commonly used ones.

I've no idea if your car is the same but maybe it'll give you some food for thought.

• Like 1

Some cars can "pull" contacts from your phone. Others need them "pushed" from the phone to the car. Some phones can't "push" contacts. Our Auris and iphone combo is like this and our way round it was to use an old phone (which could "push") to push contacts to the car, then delete the pairing and re-pair your new phone. It was a bit of a pain to do, and the car can only hold so many contacts anyway (like maybe 20?), so we only did the commonly used ones.

I've no idea if your car is the same but maybe it'll give you some food for thought.

Thanks, think I'll have to just enter the important numbers manually in that case.

I too have a Windows Lumia 435, but it seems to connect ok, and it seems to be retrieving all my contacts just fine.(I don't have many, but I do know one has both a work and mobile number associated with it)

Whenever I pair the phone, the Aygo seems to pull/push the contact list without trouble, and I am notified by Aygo when transfer is complete.

My phone is less than a month old, and I only changed it because my old phone didn't have bluetooth or wifi. The phone is not running windows 10 yet (windows 8.1 Update).

I don't have the phone's bluetooth switched on all the time to save the Battery, but if I turn it on after car is turned on, the phone doesn't connect. I have to make sure that bluetooth is on before I turn the ignition on. It would appear that the connection is initiated during the initialising of the media system and does seem a little temperamental, but that could just be me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links