Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Usb Not Working

its_rcc

I would love to charge it since I can use BT to play audio. When I connect the phone it blinks than goes off. The iPod and USB icons are greyed-out in the media section of the radio display.

If I don't manage to charge the phone this way, I'm going to wire an extra USB port in the spare blank next to the original one.

As a side note: i tried to measure the voltage with a multimeter and I read zero no matter if I switch the car on and off. Next test is to use a USB stick to confirm it's a power issue.

I tried two original Apple cables with the abovementioned behaviour as first troubleshooting effort. Both cables work with a 12v charger. I also tried with an old iPod and got the same result.

This morning I tried with a USB stick and it works, confirming that the socket is correctly wired.

I had a spare cheap non-original cable laying around so I decided to give it a try as last resort and, lo and behold, it works!

One extra piece of information: after plugging in the Apple cable, the socket dies and revives only after a radio reset (holding the power button until the toyota splash screen) or a car power cycle. This is true for both the USB stick and non-original cable. Now I realise that all my first tests have been done after inserting the original Apple cable that was causing the issue so the others could be functioning.

My final conclusion is that something in the original Apple cable trips a solid state protection of some kind in the USB circuitry that is restored only after a power cycle of the radio unit.

I will continue testing other cables I have of different age and origin.

Thanks Heidfirst for pointing me in the right (albeit not obvious) direction!

Glad that you are sorted, USB sockets can be fussy (not just Toyota's) & cables that work fine in 1 don't always work in another .... 🤞

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links