Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall - Airbag Inflator

steve_lj

I had the recall notice back in July for the drivers Airbag Inflator on a 2005 D4D.

The notice stated I need take no action and would be contacted in due course.

I've had no follow up yet from the dealer network - just wondering if mine has slipped through the net or there is no fix just yet ??

Anyone any info regarding this ??

Thanks

Due to the high volume and numbers associated with this recall, they are being rolled out over time. You should get a letter when you have been scheduled, assuming your DVLA address etc is up to date

You can check if your car is due for this particular recall here. You will get a letter, just sit tight for the time being

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/recall-checker.json

Had mine back in July , also a friend of mine had his letter , we both still waiting so no need to worry yourself will happen at some point, not VW we talking here ! Had a recall a few years back on my 94 plate Camry which was old then and Toyota had it back for a central locking problem which never effected me but car went back.

Cheers

Will sit tight and wait for them to get in touch. Just thought it may have slipped through, so thanks for the update.

Steve

The airbag recall is down to problems in manufacture that the airbag manufacturer, Takata, has experienced. The recalls involve several manufacturers and around 34 million vehicles globally. See. http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/167712-takata-doubles-faulty-airbag-recall-to-34-million/

- which explains why owners are experiencing a delay in having the recall actioned

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links