Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Auris Hybrid Rear Brake Calliper Piston Won't Wind Back In

tonino

Hi all,

Just doing a brake job on my new Auris and went into trouble. Rear driver side piston won't go back in, I am using a pro tool to wind it up but instead of going back in is going out more, I did try to turn clockwise and anticlockwise and seems that rotate but not going back in. Will try to push harder tomorrow but can't find really information which direction to wind?

Clockwise or Anticlockwise?

Any help much appreciated

Thank you and Happy Halloween!

I hope you`re not doing this with the keys in your pocket, or near the car. When you approach the car with your keys, you`ll hear a whirr from under the bonnet.....this is the brakes pressuring, they are electrically assisted, because they have to work when the combustion engine is not running. You may have a fault code on the dash that will need resetting. Hope it goes well for you.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I am following strictly the procedure, car off. Key been put away, Waited 5 min, system depressurised then Battery disconnected, hand brake is off. The trouble is that the piston it's not going back in for some reason. Been watching two clips on YouTube and the guys wind up clockwise with ease and piston simply goes back in. My one just won't go. Checked under the rubber boot and seems all nice and clear. Any suggestions?

Pistons seized?

My old car was like that, we tried the winding too too, but no avail :(

Piston was so stuck in the end we had to whack it with an impact tool or something (but beware, we only took this route because we got someone who knew what he was doing!) ...

Well here is another issue for sure. My piston it's not stuck at all, but when wide it back in it goes out instead, the question is which side to turn the tool?

Clockwise or Anticlockwise?

In Prius procedures says turn clockwise on both wheels, but In another treat an Auris 1.6 owner says that he turned right wheel anticlockwise and left wheel clockwise. I can't find a proper service or repair manual for my car so if anyone knows will be very helpful.

have you looked on https://www.toyota-tech.eu ? I would imagine that it is all there albeit some access is chargeable (but usually downloadable too so that you only need pay once).

• Like 1

Update:

Thanks to all people replied to me. Brakes are done now, no problems so far, no warning lights and no new calliper.

Both sides has to be wind clockwise as per the videos on YouTube and followed the procedures from here was a really nice and pleasant job. I don't know for what reason I couldn't do the rear driver side calliper in the first place but after wind it almost completely out, I start to wind slowly clockwise and push it a bit then it's start turning easily and went back in. The near side was good since the first attempt. Here are the procedures that helped me do the job correctly:

Front brakes:

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Toyota-Prius-Front-Brake-Pads-Replacement-Guide/

Rear brakes:

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Toyota-Prius-Rear-Disc-Brake-Pads-Replacement-Guide/

Very helpful info, apply to Prius and Auris Hybrids and some other Toyota Hybrids.

Cheers

• Like 1

Glad u got it sorted in the end :)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links