Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Indicator Wont Go Away

showmeyourhams

Hi

I have been getting my Auris (2013, Diesel 1.4, currently 64k miles) serviced by a mobile mechanic. Last two times no problem but this time the service indicator wont go off. He says not to worry (and to be honest I'm inclined to believe him). You reset it, go for a drive and next time you start the car its back on. Just wanted to know other peoples thoughts?

I was always under the impression that the service indicator was just a dumb counter but for it to keep coming back on it must be able to sense something. I cant think what it might be!

Also: looking back through the forum I can't see many people talking about the "new" Diesel model. I'm really happy with it, what are other peoples experiences?

The spanner light has multiple functions

1 Service due

2 Oil level

3 DPF blockage ( if there is not a separate DPF light )

If the light is coming back on after being reset either the oil level is over/under filled, the DPF is clogging of the oil sensor is faulty. Check your levels and top up if required, if the level is over full it may suggest the DPF is clogged and the car if failing regenerations and washing the bores with unburnt fuel which is raising the oil level in the sump if this is happening drain and replace the oil & filter and get the DPF regenerated ASAP otherwise engine damage may occur. Also make sure the car has had the correct C2 specification ( low ash ) either 0W30 ( preferred ) or 5W30 oil used, the wrong oil will cause premature DPF clogging.

• Like 1

Hi Devon Aygo

Thanks for that. I just checked and the oil is too full. My car does have a DPF light and since the spanner appeared immediately after the "service" I'm hoping that it's just the level. I think it's worth changing the oil and since the guy can't be trusted to put the right amount in who knows what type it is.

The EML came on last night also, not good!

Again, thanks!

The over full oil now combined with the EML on suggests a possible DPF issue where the regenerations are failing I suggest you get the car to a dealer ASAP

Hello, if anyone wants to know how this turned out...

I did as was suggested and took the car to the dealer (Harry Feeney in Blackpool) and had the single best customer service experience of my life, it was very impressive.

As Devon Aygo expected, the DPF was clogged (I think the words they used was that the pressure ratio was too high). They forced several regeneration cycles and went for a drive down the motorway. Following this the oil and filter was changed (the car was also cleaned, etc).

My car is now fine and it wasn't very expensive at all.

Thanks for your help Devon Aygo!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links