Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.2 Sr Late 09 Buying And Alternatives

mrggg

Hi.

firstly I would like to say great site! You guys are doing an excellent job in giving info and for that im very thankful as it will help in my purchase decision.

Anyways... i currently have a golf mk5 gti. however its reaching 80k now and although its been reliable I think its getting on and im also looking at buying a house soon so want to downgrade for a few years at most.

Ive been reading up on the auris sr180 or t180.. i believe the sr 180 was the later trim level?

I have come to the conclusion that in late 2009 the engine was refined to avoid the headgasket issues? So I am contemplating on whether to buy this model or not.. is there definetly no problems with headgaskets in the late production of this model?

Also, although its not to with an auris.. i have considered the corolla tte compressor as I will still be getting money back as its much cheaper than my gti.. As for running costs well that will probably be similar to my golf so I will have to see. I would love one in red but I hear they are rare?

Lastly another toyota option Im looking into is the corolla sr d4d blue colour? (If someone can confirm the paint colour I would appreciate it). Im loving the colour and the cars are fairly cheap, abliet the performance is not as good as the gti or the auris. Anyways, how good is this spec and model in terms of reliability?

Thanks for reading my post, I know its long but I dont want to chop my next car in for some time and want to get some sound advice.

The technical bulletin for the issue covers production to September 2009 so one can assume that production from September 2009 should have the improvements to minimise the head/head gasket problems. No one can guarantee you 100% perfection - all they can say is that it is highly, highly unlikely.

Imo don't expect an Auris to be as pointable & squirtable as a Golf GTI although still a very nice car.

I have a 59 sr180 and the engine is a peach - I had it terracleaned when I bought it for some peace of mind.

Check the edges of all the tyres for feathering/ chamfering type wear - could be bearings or....

Certain late 2009 models had the updated water cooled egr that you can find pictures on this forum

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links