Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Avensis D4D Info

Ankari

Hey,

Recently picked up my T4 Avensis Estate. Love the car but the pollen filter needs to be replaced. I have that musky/damp smell when I turn on the heating etc. I know where the pollen filter is on the old shape Avensis but before I go pulling the glove box off the new car, is that where the filter is? Or is it in the engine bay?

Also, how often should I get the timing chain tensioner checked?

Anything else I should be looking to change at the moment or anything I should be looking out for?

Finally, the manual and online forums are very confusing. What oil should I be using? I was thinking a 5w40 or 5w30 fully synth but others say 10w40 Semi.

Thanks, and sorry for some of the silly questions.

Welcome to the forum :)

Pollen filter is behind the glovebox (iirc replacement info is in the manual).

Diesel engines with DPF/DPNR including optimal drive 0w30 or 5w30 meeting C2 low ash

Hey,

Recently picked up my T4 Avensis Estate. Love the car but the pollen filter needs to be replaced. I have that musky/damp smell when I turn on the heating etc. I know where the pollen filter is on the old shape Avensis but before I go pulling the glove box off the new car, is that where the filter is? Or is it in the engine bay?

You may be in for more than a pollen filter change.

Hey,

You may be in for more than a pollen filter change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Care to elaborate?

Full Toyota service history and the filter has not been changed in 2 years. Had this issue with my last car and the filter changed fixed the issue.

I changed my pollen filter right after I got the car. The filter is located behind the glove box.

To remove the storage box, first disconnect the damper. post-76861-0-70361100-1447161036_thumb.j Mine is broken.

Then press both sides of the storage box to clear the stops, and lower the box further and pull away from the aperture. post-76861-0-98448300-1447161054_thumb.jpost-76861-0-43538600-1447161065_thumb.jpost-76861-0-38793800-1447161075_thumb.jpost-76861-0-27539200-1447161085_thumb.jpost-76861-0-84093600-1447161103_thumb.j

Now release the pollen filter cover to access the filter and change, noting which way it fits. post-76861-0-49886100-1447161116_thumb.jpost-76861-0-87776500-1447161130_thumb.jpost-76861-0-14704400-1447161148_thumb.j

Replace everything in reverse order.

I have noted that when cars go in for service, if the part is not easy to access, then it is not changed! I found this with my brothers Grand Scenic pollen and air filter. The service note advised changing, but didn't ask my brother. Why not change them or at least ask the owner permission. With the Scenic we did it ourselves and the filters were shocking!

The Avensis filters are far easier so there is no excuse. Think of those poor Zafira owners whose clogged up filters, which are close to the resister pack, adds to the fire risk.

Anyway it is a straight forward task that can be done in 15 minutes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links