Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers Electric Window Alignment Problem

Knewbie-UK

My Yaris has developed a minor, yet irritating fault.

My driver's side window doesn't shut correctly, and as such leaves a small gap at the top right of the frame and seal. Means you get a terrible noise, especially at higher speeds.

As the window travels shut it seems to follow a consistent line and then just for the final few centremetres of travel, it appears to 'pull' away from where it should sit.

Could there be a blockage or does it sound like a now faulty mechanism or motor?

Want to have an idea of what I'm dealing with before taking off the door card etc.

Cheers

Ian

Car is MK1 1999 Japanese manufactured Yaris 1.0 5 Door.

My bet is that there is some rot where the door glass sits in the window regulator, maybe it has pulled loose from the regulator itself. Take the door car off and check where the glass sits. it sits in a rubber trim which is clamped to the regulator, maybe that has come adrift

Thanks for your reply.

Took card off and discovered no corrosion, and window fitting snug in housing.

However when comparing with other side quickly became apparent the window/door seal had ridden up, to the point it was grabbing the window rather than letting it glide through it.

It's a bit of mess but the window is now much nearer a true position and seal.

Thanks for the advise.

It may benefit from some silicone spray on the inner edge of the glass runner seal to help it glide up and not grab

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links