Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does My Rav Have Thatcham Alarm And Or Immobiliser?

Ravarava

I'm renewing the insurance and trying to find out if its got the above and if so if its Cat1 or Cat2. Its a XT4 D-4D, 56 plate. I've googled and the information seems conflicting so I'm confused . I've checked the manual and can't see anything in there.

Can anyone help me please?

If it is a normal UK car, I would say that it has a manufacturer fitted Thatcham Cat1 immobiliser. If it's an import then it will likely not have an immobiliser or alarm.

Usually there is an option on the insurance proposal form for "factory fitted" under the immobiliser question and that would be the one I'd select.

• Like 1

Wonder if you approached a Toyota dealer, whether they could check the individual vehicle's spec using the reg no or VIN. May need to take proof of ownership with you such as the V5.

• Like 1

Thank you both. Good idea, I've emailed the dealership (it is a normal UK car) but failing them knowing I'll select the factory fitted option. I'd always chosen that before, It just dawned on me if it was Thatcham it could have made the quote a bit more favourable!

if the factory fit is Thatcham approved then the insurance industry will know & quote accordingly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links