Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Service.

Calisto

On Monday My Girl is having her first service since I bought her. :thumbsup: it really is about time coz I am paranoid that things are going to start going wrong and I simply cannot allow that to happen.

will let u know how it goes. :thumbsup:

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Mine cost me a small fortune when I had the first one done in February.... :crybaby:

what needed to be done.

Thought you had my car in your siggy then I had to look twice. :blink:

Thought you had my car in your siggy then I had to look twice.

:lol: looks like i've just reversed your photo, i suppose! I've got my signature and model right now too ;)

I had a full service done, new brake pads all round, and a new nearside CV joint. Cost me £430 :crybaby: :ffs:

I am expecting it to be around the same price.

Like your car by the way :ph34r:

Like your car by the way
Awww - Thanks! :D

I hope it doesn't work out too expensive for you - there's better celica-related bits and bobs to spend money on than having to service your car!

i wish i lived near you lot i could be making a fortune , and saving you a fortune too . all round pads and a cv joint £ 70 .

I'd like to get a service for mine, but I'm always so busy spending on the repairs that I can't really afford it! :wacko:

I know she needs doing and I will feel happier when she gets it but I am dreading the cost. :crybaby:

I should really put some money aside for servicing. The Supra will need a new cambelt in about 5k.

I've just ordered about £1000 worth of bits for it to get it ready for JAE, really hoping its not gonna cost much for a service and a new cam belt :( :crybaby:

Are you taking the celica to a main dealer asha?

I only found one main dealer that would touch my import celica, my local ones didnt want to touch it cuz it was an import.

Ello Asha,

Try not to go to a main dealer.. seriously.. consider another reputable garage who will look after your car more.. trust me and not cost you and arm and a leg for the priveledge of it.. :bye:

And on a side note.... :ph34r:

Craig.... I LOVE your car!... :drool:

aww... why why why can i have 2 cars... :!Removed!: :lol:

Looks awesome and in mint condition...you better look after her... :thumbsup:

I agree with Fizz - take it to the main dealer, and that's all they'll see is Import = £££. Your car is too old to worry about main dealer service history now (no offence ;) ) so there's nothing to gain by paying over the odds!

Try and find a local garage you can trust - you'll find they'll be a lot cheaper, and they will also be a bit more flexible about sourcing parts from other places rather than expensive toyota parts!

I had to have my clutch replaced in February - Toyota World Cardiff told me they needed to get a clutch kit shipped from Japan, at a cost of about £200, plus about £250 labour. I was told the same thing by a large(ish) garage in cardiff called B.E.T.S - I think they are part of a chain, or maybe a franchise or something.

I eventually took it to a garage I'd used previously - and he was completely honest, told me that he had 3 part numbers that may match my car, and said he wouldn't know for sure till he had stripped it. The 3 different kits ranged between £90 - £110. He got all three in, compared the old clutch with the three new kits, got it right first time and sent the other two back! Cost me £240 including labour + vat! :D

So the moral is - Toyota will try and rob you, and don't necessarily listen when people tell you because it's an import, the parts must be imported too... In my experience, that's usually nonsense!

And on a side note.... 

Craig.... I LOVE your car!... 

aww... why why why can i have 2 cars... 

Looks awesome and in mint condition...you better look after her...

Thanks for the kind words, Fizz - I'll do my best to look after her - she's cost enough recently, so i've no plans to let her go! :thumbsup:

And on a side note.... 

Craig.... I LOVE your car!... 

aww... why why why can i have 2 cars...  

Looks awesome and in mint condition...you better look after her...

Thanks for the kind words, Fizz - I'll do my best to look after her - she's cost enough recently, so i've no plans to let her go! :thumbsup:

throw some decals on it.. and some tints.. and you have what would almost pass as a twin for my old Celica.. :thumbsup:

I was looking at the pics of your old Celica just now - It looks very B)

I really like those wheels you had on there!

I was looking at the pics of your old Celica just now - It looks very B)

I really like those wheels you had on there!

Cheers mate... :thumbsup:

The rims were Team Dynamics Diabo 17" low profile

I am not taking her to the main dealer. B)

I used to drive past a garage and there was always a red gen 5 sat outside , it turns out that it was the owner of the garages car and a celica fan. what a bit of luck. :P

so my thinking was if likes gen 5 then he will do me a sort of good deal, plus the fact I mentioned TOC :group-cuddles:. he knows I am crazy :rolleyes: about my Celi and the fact that she is an import didnt scare him of. I didnt see any pound signs in his eyes. :shutit:

So I am gonna stick with this chappy. :thumbsup:

I will let you know how the service went on monday evening when I get her back :crybaby: . I hate being without my car. it does my head in.

I hate being without my car. it does my head in.

Yeah, tell me about it. My baby is in the garage and I'm just lost. I feel totally attached and protective now...

Argh. What has my Celica done to me! :D

I hate being without my car. it does my head in.

Yeah, tell me about it. My baby is in the garage and I'm just lost. I feel totally attached and protective now...

Argh. What has my Celica done to me! :D

just wait till you loose her... you feel a lot worse... :yes::unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links