Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

0093 fault code after diesel tank fitted

Spez

Hi all,

Im at my whits end and need some help.

I bought a corolla verso 2.2D4d T180 in October last year and a couple of months in i noticed a diesel leak, had the tank replaced with a second hand tank at the dealers expense.

Well having this done has flagged up other faults (0093) and the car going into limp mode a day after installation of the tank. we also found that somebody had put electrical tape in the instrument cluster (Engine management, VSC & TRC OFF)

I have been told by my local garage that the injectors are at fault and also have been told that theses could not be tested!!

The car was running fine before the diesel tank was fitted so I'm a bit confused to all theses problems that have come to light.

The garage has checked to see if any pipes had been pinched etc!!

Would anybody be able to shed any light on my problem?

Thanks in advance 

Karl

did you buy the car privately or from a trader/dealer? You say that the tank was replaced at the dealer's expense so I am guessing a dealer (but not necessarily a Toyota dealer)?

On the 1st of October 2105 new  Consumer Rights Act came into force which gives you stronger protection if bought from a trader/dealer than what went before.

Hi Heidfirst,

Thanks for your reply.

It was a private dealer (not Toyota) and he paid for the tank and i paid for the labour!!

But because my local garage fitted the tank, the dealer is blaming the garage where i had the tank fitted for all the faults including the light in the dash!

The car was running fine before the diesel tank was fitted (but i didn't know about the instrument lights till just recently!!)

Ive tried to go down my consumer rights but I'm getting no where (the next step is small claims court)

I just want my car working as its been going on since before the 17th December!!

Thanks Karl

if he is a trader (I am not sure what you call a "private dealer" is)  it's probably worth talking to your local consumer advice/trading standards. If it was a private sale then you are basically up the creek without a paddle as far as rights go.

2 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

if he is a trader (I am not sure what you call a "private dealer" is)  it's probably worth talking to your local consumer advice/trading standards. If it was a private sale then you are basically up the creek without a paddle as far as rights go.

Yes sorry, a Trader with a forecourt and 2 showrooms!

Been down that road with trading standards which just points you at citizens advise who give you letter templates off their website, and then eventually small claims court!! but this is a long winded process.

Still stuck in no mans land.

The Trader wants the car back to how it was running before the new Deisel tank was fitted then he will address the dashboard light issue.

1 hour ago, Mike169 said:

Hi Karl.

Sorry to read your car is not running properly, I just wondered if this thread may help you at all?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=toyota+fault+code+0093&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=TCuyVrTXEoaT-wH4zpGYAg

Mike.

Thanks Mike, 

I will have a look through

Karl.

You say that all your trouble started after you had the fuel tank changed. Are you absolutely sure that you have the right fuel cap fitted? In normal operation there is supposed to be a vacuum inside your tank to avoid fumes being allowed to atmosphere. If your cap does not fit correctly and allows air to leak in there will be no vacuum. Ditto if there is any other source of air leak. The ECU can read this as a massive leak and may generate strange fault codes. I don't know what work has been done since but it seems strange that it all started more or les immediately after changing your tank. An important question would be do you hear air rushing in when you loosen the cap to refuel an almost empty tank? 

1 hour ago, TomdeGuerre said:

You say that all your trouble started after you had the fuel tank changed. Are you absolutely sure that you have the right fuel cap fitted? In normal operation there is supposed to be a vacuum inside your tank to avoid fumes being allowed to atmosphere. If your cap does not fit correctly and allows air to leak in there will be no vacuum. Ditto if there is any other source of air leak. The ECU can read this as a massive leak and may generate strange fault codes. I don't know what work has been done since but it seems strange that it all started more or les immediately after changing your tank. An important question would be do you hear air rushing in when you loosen the cap to refuel an almost empty tank? 

Hi tomdeguerre,

thanks for your reply. I did read that on the Internet but haven't had the car to play about with.

im picking the car back up tommorow and I will take a look. Strange that this happened after I filled up with diesel so I think it could be a winner.

i will keep you posted!

karl

Hi All,

Just picked up my car from the garage which is still faulty and charged for the pleasure! (£160)

The report had these faults listed P0031,P0093,P0102,P0113 & P0400 plus the car only revs to about 3000rpm but if i stop then start it revs as it should and also difficult to start!

I have taken the EGR valve off this afternoon and it was a bit mucky and cleaned it out as best as i could.

Would any body be able to point me in the right direction of which way to go next?

Thanks Karl.

18 hours ago, TomdeGuerre said:

Hi TomdeGuerre,

Would it make difference if the filler cap was from original tank and not from the new tank?

ThanksKarl

58 minutes ago, Spez said:

Hi All,

Just picked up my car from the garage which is still faulty and charged for the pleasure! (£160)

The report had these faults listed P0031,P0093,P0102,P0113 & P0400 plus the car only revs to about 3000rpm but if i stop then start it revs as it should and also difficult to start!

I have taken the EGR valve off this afternoon and it was a bit mucky and cleaned it out as best as i could.

Would any body be able to point me in the right direction of which way to go next?

Thanks Karl.

Seems like you have trouble with all those fault codes you listed and the running problems. I wouldn’t pretend to know what’s wrong, especially when you said earlier that someone had put electrical tape in the instrument cluster (Engine management, VSC & TRC OFF) lights. Sorry bud.  

3 hours ago, Spez said:

I would suggest a report from a Toyota dealer. Yes, it will cost you something but it may help you in either finding the issue or getting your money back from the trader if you have to.

P0031    Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0031 A/F sensor heater current is 0.8 A or less when the heater operates
(1 trip detection logic)
  1. Open in A/F sensor heater circuit
  2. A/F sensor heater
  3. A/F sensor heater relay
  4. ECM

P0093    Fuel System Leak Detected - Large Leak

P0093 Fuel leaks in high-pressure areas
(1 trip detection logic)
  1. Fuel line between supply pump and common rail
  2. Fuel line between common rail and each injector
  3. Supply pump
  4. Common rail
  5. Injectors
  6. Pressure discharge vavle
  7. Open or short in EDU circuit (P0200 set simultaneously)
  8. Open or short in injector circuit
  9. EDU (P0200 set simultaneously)
  10. ECM

DTC    P0102    Air Flow Meter Circuit Low Input

P0102 Open in mass air flow meter circuit for more than 3 seconds with engine speed at 4,000 rpm or less
(1 trip detection logic)

DTC    P0113    Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

P0113 Open in IAT sensor circuit for 0.5 seconds
(1 trip detection logic)
  1. Open or short in IAT sensor circuit
  2. IAT sensor
  3. ECM

DTC    P0400    Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow

P0400 Target and actual positions of the EGR valve is different
(1 trip detection logic)
  1. EGR valve stuck
  2. EGR valve does not move smoothly
  3. Open or short in EGR circuit
  4. Open or short in EGR valve position sensor circuit
  5. EGR valve position sensor
  6. ECM

20 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

P0031    Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0031 A/F sensor heater current is 0.8 A or less when the heater operates
(1 trip detection logic)
  1. Open in A/F sensor heater circuit
  2. A/F sensor heater
  3. A/F sensor heater relay
  4. ECM

P0093    Fuel System Leak Detected - Large Leak

P0093 Fuel leaks in high-pressure areas
(1 trip detection logic)
  1. Fuel line between supply pump and common rail
  2. Fuel line between common rail and each injector
  3. Supply pump
  4. Common rail
  5. Injectors
  6. Pressure discharge vavle
  7. Open or short in EDU circuit (P0200 set simultaneously)
  8. Open or short in injector circuit
  9. EDU (P0200 set simultaneously)
  10. ECM

DTC    P0102    Air Flow Meter Circuit Low Input

P0102 Open in mass air flow meter circuit for more than 3 seconds with engine speed at 4,000 rpm or less
(1 trip detection logic)

DTC    P0113    Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

P0113 Open in IAT sensor circuit for 0.5 seconds
(1 trip detection logic)
  1. Open or short in IAT sensor circuit
  2. IAT sensor
  3. ECM

DTC    P0400    Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow

P0400 Target and actual positions of the EGR valve is different
(1 trip detection logic)
  1. EGR valve stuck
  2. EGR valve does not move smoothly
  3. Open or short in EGR circuit
  4. Open or short in EGR valve position sensor circuit
  5. EGR valve position sensor
  6. ECM

Thanks for this

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links