Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking of auris 1.4 diesel

tinners4

Hi

going to test drive 1.4 diesel icon 14 plate are they reliable and are there anything to look out for? It's done 17000 miles £9400 from vantage Toyota is this a good price

any advice would me much appreciated thank you

There has been a recent recall for this engine - see 

I would check with the dealer (service department not salesperson) to see whether the car is/was one of those affected, and if it is, whether the recall has been carried out.

Unless you REALLY need a diesel, think about a auris hybrid. you might need to buy a little older or spend more....but you`ll get a much nicer car to drive, no dpf, dual mass flywheel, turbo or head gasket history to worry about.

10 hours ago, unclepoo said:

Unless you REALLY need a diesel, think about a auris hybrid. you might need to buy a little older or spend more....but you`ll get a much nicer car to drive, no dpf, dual mass flywheel, turbo or head gasket history to worry about.

The 1.4 doesn't have dual mass flywheel, or head gasket problems. Plenty of others though :biggrin:

thank you for your responses seems that the reliability I thought Toyota were renowned for seems to have gone, I currently have a diesel golf which had the egr valve problem so was aware of that but didn't realise Toyota diesels were encountering so many other problems

The head gasket issues mentioned were for a different engine (the AD series), and modified engines were used in production from 2009. The 1.4D4D has, as said previously, been subject to a recall last year.

Problems with modern diesels are confined to just Toyota.

hi frostyballs, I have checked on your recall link and it says that there is no recall on the car I was going to test drive, to be honest having read through the forum pages seems that the faults on the auris diesel and petrol range are numerous and seemingly expensive so will probably be looking at a petrol golf instead thank you for all your help

Bear in mind that recent VAG petrol engines are not exactly problem-free. It's your choice.

16 hours ago, tinners4 said:

thank you for your responses seems that the reliability I thought Toyota were renowned for seems to have gone, I currently have a diesel golf which had the egr valve problem so was aware of that but didn't realise Toyota diesels were encountering so many other problems

Toyotas are still very reliable (think that the only volume manufacturer that may just pip them is Honda) but no car (& certainly no modern turbo-diesel) is perfect. Toyota are also better at recalls & customer service than most other manufacturers.

just an update had a test drive last night in a 13 plate 1.6 valvematic auris excel the car was lovely gadget laden but just felt whilst driving it I felt that you really needed to give it some revs to get a response but was still a nice car so tomorrow were going for a test drive in a 1.4 diesel to compare them I already have a 2006 yaris 1.4 diesel and have been impressed with it during the 4 months I have owned it. really appreciate all of the help and responses

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links