Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whistling noise at certain speeds and certain times

ABToyota

I drove to london on the weekend and I noticed a whistling noise between 50-70mph, it was not persistent it came and went sometimes at a50 sometimes at a higher speed but never when below those speeds or say on a normal road and never when idle.

Is this some sort of tyre issue or poor aerodynamics. I just drove to leeds and there was no noise so not sure whether its due to the road surface. I did have a new tyre put in (had a nail in the passenger front left.

The car drives fine, there is no noise from the transmission or breaks or clutch.

• 5 weeks later...

I had this on my 2009 Auris it came from the wing mirror. Solved it by pressing front and back of mirror together with firm hand pressure.

I had this noise from the mirror on my Auris too. On mine a couple of the clips holding the mirror cover had actually broken so it wouldn't clip back properly. I cured the noise by running a bead of clear silicone round the lip of the cover and it has not whistled since.

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links