Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Verso D4D, fault code Fuel Pressure Regulator

offthewalls

Recently trade my trusty (2000) Yaris Verso 1.3 petrol for a shiny newer (2004) Yaris Verso 1.4 D4D T-Spirit model.

A few weeks in and I'm getting the Engine Management light coming on at irregular intervals.

When checked with a code reader it is showing a fault code for Fuel Pressure Regulator.

I am having no performance issues although I have yet to do any long journeys, but will be needing to make some longish trips in the next couple of weeks and really need assurance that I don't have problems getting stored up.

Any ideas on what this could mean? Must add that I know nothing at all about diesel engine stuff.

Intermittent Fuel Pressure Regulator fault code but with no apparent performance issues.

Any ideas on this?

All motor traders have give you 3 months warranty, so take it back if it`s within 3 months from buying it.

Which trouble code are you getting, is it P1228? Might be pump fault SCV' or the fuel pressure regulator on the common rail.

P1271 1278.pdf

Thanks for this info.

It was the dealer who diagnosed the fault code.

As it is intermittent we decided to see how it would go with the promise of delving deeper into it if necessary.

Going back tomorrow so shall take this information.

In the event of this being the problem can anyone see me getting trouble by using the car as it is with no remedial action being taken, as I have a couple of long trips to do next week and can't afford to be without the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links