Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Interior Mods

MHC197

Hi everyone,

So I'm a new user and I've had my aygo for nearly 1 year now and I'm looking to make some interior modifications but I'm not completely sure what I want to do.

I've already changed the stereo and upgraded the sound system and also added a subwoofer. 

I'm currently thinking about changing the interior lights, new mats, adding a glovebox etc. I was hoping some people could advise on either what they've done or seen what others have done or even any new ideas. 

My car is a 2006 Black Aygo, I'll upload some pictures of the interior later on so you guys can get an idea of what I've already done.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Hello Miraj - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Like 1

all we done to the aygo was

glovebox lid,led interior light,door switches all round ,interior light delay unit,reversing camera and screen and 16" rear wiper blade.

• Like 1

Would you be able to show me any pictures of what you've done. Also could you recommend any good lights for the interior.

Not sure on the colour I want to use yet but I'm thinking blue.

My budget for everything is fairly small and I'm quite a novice when it comes to modifications etc.

I think I'm keeping mine mostly stock, because I really like it, mostly as it is!!!

I have switched the incandescent bulb in the interior light for a 9 element SMD LED, (tbh I've swapped all the T10 wedge bulbs for these LEDs)

My Aygo came with the glove box lid already :-D

Swapped the comedy rear wiper for an 18" hybrid, just need to tweek the flexion, by removing bending and reinstalling the metal flex bars...

I think my next job is to sort out a front and rear Dashcam system!

Then after that maybe look at front and rear visibility, DRLs/fogs?

But I'll follow this thread with interest

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MHC197 said:

Would you be able to show me any pictures of what you've done. Also could you recommend any good lights for the interior.

Not sure on the colour I want to use yet but I'm thinking blue.

My budget for everything is fairly small and I'm quite a novice when it comes to modifications etc.

here is a link for the switches  :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-OF-REAR-DOOR-SWITCHES-FOR-PEUGEOT-107-CITROEN-C1-TOYOTA-AYGO-ADS56-x-2-/250904420144?hash=item3a6b119f30:m:m_FjbjuG5EFndVm-Jyh0NrQ

here is a link for the reverse camera :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-3-Car-TFT-LCD-Monitor-Car-Rear-View-Reverse-camera-170-Waterproof-UK-/261617373433?hash=item3ce99c50f9:g:tE0AAOxyXzxTH~9S

sorry i cant help anymore but we dont have the aygo now

3 hours ago, Plob said:

I think I'm keeping mine mostly stock, because I really like it, mostly as it is!!!

I have switched the incandescent bulb in the interior light for a 9 element SMD LED, (tbh I've swapped all the T10 wedge bulbs for these LEDs)

My Aygo came with the glove box lid already :-D

Swapped the comedy rear wiper for an 18" hybrid, just need to tell the flexion, by removing bending and reinstalling the metal flex bars...

I think my next job is to sort out a front and rear dashcam system!

Then after that maybe look at front and rear visibility, DRLs/fogs?

But I'll follow this thread with interest

Thanks a lot for that! Could you show me the part for rear wiper because I've seen a few people mention they've swapped this out elsewhere as well, so would be good to see the change

2 minutes ago, eygo said:

Thanks for the help so far, definitely throwing up a few ideas I haven't thought of yet.  

i just remembered we changed the horn as well, as kath didn't like the horn

sounding like a mouse having its tail pulled.

this is easliy done by removing the front bumper or lifting the car and removing the

panel under the car at the front with hollow sections in it there are about 10 screws holding it on.

link for the light delay unit

http://www.c1store.co.uk/store/product_info.php/products_id/2942?osCsid=be0d52909c0ef0f03e4eb6517d2ba97a

The rear wiper is an 18" hybrid from Wilkinson, £4. I'm a little disappointed with it, I was under the impression they were like a cross between a flat/blade type and a conventional/frame type, however on dismantling to adjust the flex, the construction is entirely that of a conventional/frame type. :-(

The 9 element LEDs I got off eBay, pure brilliant white, bought in bulk for peanuts, (don't remember how much). The only T10s on the car that I've not swapped out are in the high level brake light, (yet).

Forgot about the indicator bulbs. Why would you spend time and money designing a clear lamp cluster with clean contemporary lines and then ruin it with a cheap orange bulb?

Oh and wind/rain deflectors, again off eBay, cost half as much as the ones I got for my old 106!

20160325_122954-1-1.jpg

PicsArt_03-25-04.29.43.jpg

PicsArt_03-25-04.25.00.jpg

Few pictures of what I've done so far

IMG_20160326_151004.jpg

That's a mini sub woofer I got put in, looks small but produces great sound and bass.

IMG_20160326_151010.jpg

The back Speakers have also been swapped out and upgraded and also the ones at the front.

IMG_20160326_151120.jpg

Then the last change I've made so far is changing the radio

IMG_20160326_151100.jpg

Defiantly going to add a glovebox lid but not sure whether I want to add a rev counter or not yet.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links