Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speech Command System

rpx180

Hi.

Can anyone help.  My new Rav 4 Excel has a speech command system button, but I cannot get it to work.  Each time I try pressing it, after a few mins a message saying 'Voice recognition not available' is displayed.  I thought this was standard on all models. If so, why can't I get it to work??

Think the speech recognition is part of the Go sat nav option. Models without the sat nav have the speech recognition button disabled.

Thanks for replying.

I have the Go2 sat nav system installed but still no joy.  As it's brand new, could it be that the tech's at the garage has disabled something ???

I'd take it back to the dealer and get them to check.

Voice recognition is only on models with "Go Plus" navigation, if you press "settings" then "general" scroll down to " system information" if the software version reads

4.#.#WL then it is "Low" Go version installed without voice recognition £750 option

4.#.#WH then it is the "high" Go plus installed with voice recognition £950 option (See your dealer if you have this as it may have a fault )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links