Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service costs

Carryduff

Hi,I've just been in touch with my  Toyota garage about a service for my 2010 Yaris with 55,000 on the clock. The quote was £350 plus any parts that were needed. Is this the norm for a 6 year old car. Sounds like a lot especially when my local garage is offering a full service for £79. I know all the spiel about only Toyota trained mechanics can do the job properly etc but was wondering if there is a workshop manual for my age of car as all I can see are ones for around 2000 /2005. I only do around 5000 miles every year and can't afford these main dealer prices.

If it's out of warranty, just go with the local garage for £79. They should still stamp your service book, to maintain the car's value when it comes time to sell.

I was about to say thats a bit steep, I'm sure they offer fixed price servicing, just checked their website and it appears their prices have gone up massively!

I think they're going to find a lot more people now shopping about as a result - I certainly will  be.

Although for cars over five years old, they now offer Toyota Essential Care - for engines below 2.2 litres, river (basic service) £100, gold (comprehensive service) £180

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

Must confess the increased service charges are still less for our Auris, than they were for our 57 reg Mazda 2 and our 12 reg Hyundai i20 .......

Crikey, I know it's the new financial year, but the servicing costs have shot right up. Toyota would have got my 4 year service custom this year, but I'll search out a garage that services to the manufacturer's schedule.

Thank god I've got an Aygo and not a Landcruiser :blink:

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Must confess the increased service charges are still less for our Auris, than they were for our 57 reg Mazda 2 and our 12 reg Hyundai i20 .......

Having worked out what was charged for what originally, I agreed that they were making a mark up that was acceptable but still adequately lined their pockets. Now its beyond a joke however. £60 for a brake fluid change, £20 more just because its a hybrid. Ridiculous - why does it now cost more than it used to? Talk about eat into any financial savings that having a hybrid gives you.

Luckily I've just had a service 2 weeks ago at the original prices, but when its next due I'll be having words and if they won't price match then I won't hesitate to go elsewhere!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links