Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T25 cabin pollen filter change

d-a-n

I'm in Gran Canaria, I arrived here yesterday from Tenerife. Back to Tenerife tomorrow. 

I'm doing this on my phone, I don't have access to a computer at the moment so it's difficult for me to give good, full replies. 

But, the information is out there.

No paper filter in the world will stop gases passing so forget that, get it out of your head.

Well I look forward to your detailed dissertation on your return!

• Like 1

I don't have a return ticket and I'm in no hurry to get back.  I share my time between Edinburgh and Tenerife. I can live in Tenerife as I have empadronamiento.

I've written dissertations on other subjects which involve filtration and they are certificated so I don't think I would have a problem doing it, but I won't. 

4 hours ago, Stivino said:

That is completely wrong. 

The more blocked a filter becomes, the smaller the particles it can trap. However, it has to be changed before it gets to the stage that it won't allow anything to pass.

So please inform us what is correct then.

Regards, John

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stivino said:

I don't have a return ticket and I'm in no hurry to get back.  I share my time between Edinburgh and Tenerife. I can live in Tenerife as I have empadronamiento.

I've written dissertations on other subjects which involve filtration and they are certificated so I don't think I would have a problem doing it, but I won't. 

Stephen

A dissertation is may be not what is actually needed in this case. All that is being asked is expert advice on how often to replace a Pollen Filter and what specification of filter would you recommend using.

Enjoy Tenerife, Best Wishes and Regards, John

If you are in any doubt, just change it in line with the manufacturer's recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a new fancy filter, one with an antistatic carbon filter on one side and plain white on the other, however the arrow direction hint is unclear as it asks me to match the car airflow, the previous one just says 'arrow up' - and I'm unsure if the air flows in the car is from above to below or vice versa because a motor appears to be beneath the filter in the glovebox.

Also for this new one to fit I have to rotate it with the text on the right/left side rather than facing the passenger as you install it so the grooves run forwards rather than sideways - so which way up is it: 

1. Carbon side up, plain side down, arrow "air flow" symbol pointing upwards, to the left as you face it

2. Carbon side down, plain side up, arrow "air flow" symbol pointing down to the right as you face it

Pick a number!

Thanks

20221108_201047.jpg

20221108_201038.jpg

• Like 1

I went with N°2 ⤵️... you're welcome

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paul Gailey said:

I went with N°2 ⤵️... you're welcome

air flow boss is what way the air goes in the blower dose it suck in r  blow out where that filter goes in if it sucks down in then u have it in right 

• Like 1

I have just (this afternoon) purchased a new genuine Toyota Pollen filter for my T 27 Avensis. On the filter the is an Arrow (pointing ^) and the printed word "UP". My logic would suggest that the filter is inserted into its container with the arrow pointing UP. Have not yet fitted the new filter.

Am I correct with logic or totally wrong ????????????

Regards, John

• Like 1

Your assumption is correct @JARC1 ....it sounds like you have installed the type I just removed. The issue is there appear to be other marked filters that indicate to insert relative to the airflow which results in the arrow pointing down and thus all this confusion between posters.

ps. This website is near unusable on a mobile, what a diabolical obstruction of Ad placements.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 7:28 PM, Paul Gailey said:

Your assumption is correct @JARC1 ....it sounds like you have installed the type I just removed. The issue is there appear to be other marked filters that indicate to insert relative to the airflow which results in the arrow pointing down and thus all this confusion between posters.

ps. This website is near unusable on a mobile, what a diabolical obstruction of Ad placements.

Paul

I shall follow my logic and install with arrow pointing up. Not too many replies on this subject ?

Regards and Best Wishes, John

3 minutes ago, JARC1 said:

Paul

I shall follow my logic and install with arrow pointing up. Not too many replies on this subject ?

Regards and Best Wishes, John

yes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links