Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris

Jeeves

Hi all

My wife drove the Prius this week and feels it is a little bit too big for her so we're now looking at the Auris (any thoughts?? good/bad?)

Anyway on Monday we're test driving one two hours away and it is currently reserved for us. Will you look for me and tell me your thoughts. My concern is it says it has a rear parking camera but I cannot see a screen for it? It mentions both parking sensors and separately rear parking camera

Thanks again Simon

http://www.fcrosscars.co.uk/used-cars/doncaster-south-yorkshire-toyota-auris-t-spirit-very-low-mil/

Later Auris had the Toyota Touch system which does have a touch screen, but this is a relatively early Auris hybrid (the hybrid was introduced in 2010) and the head unit doesn't have a suitable display to support a rear view camera.

The car does have rear parking sensors.

Thanks for the reply. Bit naughty to put it on the page as having this when ti hasn't. It it worth the price or would the same prices Prius be a better car.

Again thanks for the reply. 

It does have the camera! It comes up on the left part of the rear view mirror. This is standard on the t-spirit spec. The parking sensors were optional extras.

Looks like an excellent car to me with only 8000 miles on the clock. I've had my 60 plate Auris HSD for just over a year and it's an excellent car. Only downside with this specific model is the relatively tiny boot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I can't thank you enough. I've looked and looked and was so disappointed when I thought it didn't have the camera. Yes 8k on the clock and a few scratches here and there. Reserved till Monday so going to test drive and quite possibly buy. THANKS MSHasan

From the driver's seat the Auris Hybrid feels just like a Gen 3 Prius in the way it drives and responds to the accelerator and brake.

The main differences, apart from size, is the Prius has very modern digital instruments and a Head Up Display (which I now couldn't live without), and the Auris (and all other Toyota Hybrids) have dials.  Personally, I hate old fashioned dials big time now (after over 300,000 miles and 16 years with digital), but some people don't care, and some still prefer the dials.

Also, you probably won't get quite as good mpg in an Auris Hybrid as a Gen 3 Prius, especially if you do lots of high speed driving, as the Prius has a much better aerodynamic performance, particularly the models with 15" wheels as opposed to 17".

Purely a personal opinion, but I think age (and thus warranty) is more important than mileage (within reason and warranty) on a used hybrid - says the man who bought a distinctly low mileage example! (Well, it was local, a pretty good deal and exactly the spec I was looking for ...) I've driven a 40,000 Auris that felt no different to a 5,000 miler.

Check for brake corrosion and thus wear on a car that has had so little use. 

Look for a "Hybrid Health Certificate" among the service records! (Giving extended Toyota warranty on the expensive bit.)

If you were looking for something smaller still, there are hybrid versions of the Yaris ...  

Fair point - I had a 2002 Gen 1 Prius that I sold in 2011 with over 163,000 on the clock and that also drove like new, with no loss of mpg or performance either.

Hi all

My wife drove the Prius this week and feels it is a little bit too big for her so we're now looking at the Auris (any thoughts?? good/bad?)

Anyway on Monday we're test driving one two hours away and it is currently reserved for us. Will you look for me and tell me your thoughts. My concern is it says it has a rear parking camera but I cannot see a screen for it? It mentions both parking sensors and separately rear parking camera

Thanks again Simon

http://www.fcrosscars.co.uk/used-cars/doncaster-south-yorkshire-toyota-auris-t-spirit-very-low-mil/

The original Auris had the reversing camera shown in the rear view mirror. It is displayed on the left hand side of the mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were struggling to find an auris TS hybrid and went to check out the prius (mark3) . It was bigger inside the cabin and more futuristic inside but the boot was just plain useless.It was an odd shape and very shallow although there was an odd shaped luggage space underneath the floor.So we went for the auris TS instead. The auris TS has less legroom for our little girls but more space for all the clobber we need to cart around in the boot.

Hope you find a car that meets your needs.

Mark

The Prius is from the next market sector up, having the same size wheelbase as the Avensis - 2700mm as opposed to 2600mm of the Auris - which is why the Auris has less rear legroom.

Absolutely understand that it if from the next sector up. It is just a shame that The boot was so small on the mark 3 as other than that it was a lovely car.

M

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links