Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Accelerator Cable Need some help

MondoCM

Hey all, so I'm new to the forums but plan to stick around (hopefully). 

I've had my Auris for around 8 months now it is an 07 Plate 1.4 VVTi T2  - If you need any more info I'll gladly lay it down. Love the car so far have to admit! 

So anyway recently after purchasing I noticed 'sag' in the Accelerator. Or to put it better, if I put my foot on the gas the pedal dips a bit then the car starts to accelerate. Now I've grown custom to it so I just rest my foot past what I would call the 'dead zone' so when I put my foot on the gas it goes near enough straight to power. 

So I decided to have a look under the bonnet, I can see its a cable or fly by wire ( not sure if you call them that ). However I can't seem to see any way of adding tension or removing slack. This is where I hit the stump, my old mans mechanic reckons who ever previously owned it might of put the wrong cable in there resulting in it being to long. He also mentioned that it could of 'stretched'? Though he did mention that was unlikely. ( I don't rag it around etc ). 

I'm hoping some of you guru's can enlighten me on this subject, if you need a video or pictures I can definitely throw some up! 

Hi, 

There's definitely no mechanical cable to adjust, it's fly by wire. The accelerator pedal is a self contained unit and just 'plugs in' to an electrical connector. 

20 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

Hi, 

There's definitely no mechanical cable to adjust, it's fly by wire. The accelerator pedal is a self contained unit and just 'plugs in' to an electrical connector. 

Not correct on a 1.4 vvt-i it was a carry over engine from the earlier Corolla and does have a throttle cable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Not correct on a 1.4 vvt-i it was a carry over engine from the earlier Corolla and does have a throttle cable.

Oh, my apologies then! Thanks for the info. Can the cable be adjusted?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links