Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering wheel radio control doesn't work after swapping head unit

RazzerRazor

Picking up my Pioneer aftermarket headunit in a few days. 

Is it true that no connection plug will make the steering wheel radio controls working on a pre facelift Corolla 2002? 

Seen loads of these wires about that say Corolla 2002 onwards. But all google say is they don't work! 

Anyone know any different? 

Thanks 

I've got a Pioneer head unit that I purchased from Halfords

You can get the connectors that will make the steering wheel buttons work but Halfords sell them for £110. Not worth spending that much for two buttons.

38 minutes ago, OfficialiAmNaz said:

I've got a Pioneer head unit that I purchased from Halfords. 

You can get the connectors that will make the steering wheel buttons work but Halfords sell them for £110. Not worth spending that much for two buttons.

How much!!!!!!!!!! 😲😲😲😲😱😱😱😱😱 Defo not worth that. 

Thanks for letting me know though 

Just installing a new Sony 4100BT unit in my daughters Fiat Grande Punto.  Getting the steering wheel controls working does seem to be a hit or miss scenario.  The unit will also require a live feed from some where...I used the cigarette lighter feed.  I have seen, and heard, that the Autoleads cables for getting the steering wheel controls working are not always successful....Connects2 have a far better reputation.

You WILL need some form of patch leads to allow you to connect the Pioneer unit to car.

Reason I bought the Sony unit is that it can use Songpal and Siri eyes free and voice control and that works great negating the need for steering controls.  Sill gonna buy the connects2 cables for £34 though as daughter wants them to work.  Will let you know if it works.

Details from Dynamic Sounds
Plus add free patch lead from the menu.

Hope that helps. 

15 hours ago, KenMavor said:

Just installing a new Sony 4100BT unit in my daughters Fiat Grande Punto.  Getting the steering wheel controls working does seem to be a hit or miss scenario.  The unit will also require a live feed from some where...I used the cigarette lighter feed.  I have seen, and heard, that the Autoleads cables for getting the steering wheel controls working are not always successful....Connects2 have a far better reputation.

You WILL need some form of patch leads to allow you to connect the Pioneer unit to car.

Reason I bought the Sony unit is that it can use Songpal and Siri eyes free and voice control and that works great negating the need for steering controls.  Sill gonna buy the connects2 cables for £34 though as daughter wants them to work.  Will let you know if it works.

Details from Dynamic Sounds
Plus add free patch lead from the menu.

Hope that helps. 

Cheers buddy. Took the gamble and bought one off that link you posted up. But off eBay. (Same company) Says it's comes with a patch lead so I'll try it and hope for the best! 

Thanks again 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links