Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member Reporting In

AndyT557

Good morning all,

Just a quick message to say hello to everyone on the forum.

Brief Toyota ownership info.  I'm not new to a Toyota, previously owned a from new 2014 Aygo MkI but have very recently part-exchanged it for a new 2016 Aygo MkII X-Play with a few personalizations. Leather seats, multimedia system but no SATNAV, reversing camera but no parking sensors, roof red decal and other red trim bits, black 15" alloys with red centre caps.  And I managed to get the dealer to swap out the front X and rear diffuser from the standard supplied silver to black for free using bits from their demonstrator/test drive car.

So far I have to say I'm very impressed with the new model, it drives so much better, general feel is more solid.

With regards to modifications, not sure if there's much than can be done on the cheap, though I'll be perusing the forum to see what other owners have done, and I'll certainly be looking to get hold of a space saver spare wheel.  The car came without rear window and rear side window tint so I had it done by a local company, that and the fitment of Heko wind deflectors seem to make it look at bit more meaner....maybe :biggrin:

I've done the usual and replaced the interior courtesy light and number plate bulbs with LED's.  Already looked into upgrading the headlight bulbs (I fitted Phillips Extreme Visions to the MkI and they made a huge difference), but this has the HIR2 (9012) and a brief Google search doesn't really come up with any upgrade options, just standard replacements.

What else, er well nothing at the mo.  Hope to enjoy many exchanges of info/banter in the future.

AndyT

20170121_153134.jpg

20170121_152749.jpg

Great post and superb looking car Andy. I'm looking to move from a Mk1 to Mk2 early next year, and this has inspired confidence that I'll be making the right choice.

• Like 1

Hello Andy - welcome to Toyoita Owners Club.

Just a note - there are currently no upgrade bulbs available for the HIR2 bulbs, which are already 75-80% brighter than standard halogen.

41 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hello Andy - welcome to Toyoita Owners Club.

Just a note - there are currently no upgrade bulbs available for the HIR2 bulbs, which are already 75-80% brighter than standard halogen.

Hi Frostyballs,

Thanks for the info.  I was kind of getting that impression due to the lack of Google hits.  Powerbulbs (which is my usual go to online retailer for upgrade bulbs) don't stock anything other than OE quality standard replacements, so for a car that is now over 2yrs old I guess it is what it is.  As for them being 75-80% brighter than standard halogen, that's quite an improvement though to be honest I've not driven the car down a dark country road at night yet to see if the OE bulbs are that good.

AndyT

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links