Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front bumper query

encosta

I bought my car used, and it seems like it had taken some damage to the front bumper and undertray at some point (looks like it was mostly plastic).

The car is a 54 reg Corolla T3 2L diesel, and some of the hardware that is supposed to be holding the bumper/front in place seems to be missing (but then I'm only guessing at that). Especially, there are a couple of empty holes where the bumper cover and radiator cover connect to the metal that seem like they were meant to take bolts.

Does anyone know what parts are needed to secure the front of the car? I'll try to take some pictures of the holes I think should have bolts in them in the morning.

Might not be your exact model, but should give you a better idea.

000165.jpg

000164.jpg

Thanks, that does give me an idea of which areas I should expect to find bolts and clips.

Here are some pictures of the holes where I expected to find stuff holding things in place. I think I know the sort of push clip that should be in at least one of these, but with the amount of holes where stuff should be I'm starting to feel the front of the car is being held in place by faith and wishful thinking... (the holes are the same on both sides).

20170127_081605.jpg

20170127_081616.jpg

20170127_081640.jpg

Buy a packet from eBay and install them in the holes.  Broadly speaking the plastic clips hold the light plastic components in place, and bolts hold the heavier things.  Be aware there are different diameters of these clips, try and figure out what size the holes are before you order.

I ordered some clips (I managed to find what kind was supposed to go into some of the holes) but in that position with two holes, one of them does seem to be threaded for a 6mm bolt, I'm trying to figure out what is supposed to be there.

I did find this diagram, but it's for a different model. I wonder if some of those part refs were used in previous years.

2010 Corolla front_bumper_zpsy4lkb46p.jpg

Anyone got the similar schematics for the rear bumper?

Many thanks in advance.

Anyone got the similar schematics for the rear bumper?

Many thanks in advance.

PERFECT!!!

Now to get a day when it's not brass monkeys.  Many, many thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links