Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crackle Noise, Banging Noise, Scratching Noise

Thanks to you all now that I am a proud owner of a 1995 Lucida. However as these cars are about 10 years old It appears that the problems are normal. Although my car is still under 6-month warranty however I do like to help the dealer as well who gave me a good car with a good price.

I would like to hear from our members if they could also help in these two areas please:

1- I hear a crackle noise from the left front tyre. After I examined it the break pad was almost maybe completely touching the break disk. I touched the disk with bear hand and found that it is extremely hot. I then did the same thing to right break disk it was warm not hot. I took it to a garage, where I am told that due to friction the heat is normal but I need a new break pads anyway. OK I understand that I need new pads but the temperature on the left side is it normal.

2- The second problem that I have is I also hear a banging noise on the same tyre (front left) when I go over a bump or do sharp turn. Again same garage told me straight away that anti stop bar or something like that need to change. I was told that on these cars this part always go wrong there is no need for examining however he can confirm it when we put on a ramp for pads replacements.

3- And the third and last one is from the passenger sliding door. It gives a horrible scratching noise when open and shut especially on shutting. If I push the door from the opposite side of the handle bar side, the noise is reduced. After quick examining I found out that one of the roller is scraping the aluminium rail. If not sorted the rail will be reduced to nothing I think.

Could any one have similar problems? I am intending to go to a long Europe journey soon. What do you advise me to do before the travel. Is there any way of a through economical check? I do not want to be let down on an unknown European road. Do you? Thank you for reading another long messages.

Dr Kök

1. Is it when you step on the brake the crackling noise appear or while driving? Normal straight drive, turning left or right?

2. When I was doing a test drive a Lucida 4x4, same problem i noticed when it crossed the humps. The shock absorber look worn out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links