Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Correct Fuel Grade For N/a Mr2

RichB

Hi,

What is the correct fuel grade for an MY92 N/A MR2 Import. So far I have heard conflicting stories.

I would assume 95RON is ok for this engine (not supermarket crap though) - but would it benefit from Super/Optimax?

Also - will I encounter trouble by running a dose of STP thorugh the system?

Thanks

Rich

Hi,

What is the correct fuel grade for an MY92 N/A MR2 Import. So far I have heard conflicting stories.

I would assume 95RON is ok for this engine (not supermarket crap though) - but would it benefit from Super/Optimax?

Also - will I encounter trouble by running a dose of STP thorugh the system?

Thanks

Rich

Mate, use super/opti to be on the safe side. U/l in Japan is 98RON - with 95 you will knock like mad and reduce the life of you engine unless your cars been adjusted to do so. Toyota told me it wont kill the car but will dramatically reduce it's usefulness. Even optimax is only 97RON.

Ok, I'll switch back to Optimax then... I guess the total bill isn't too bad.

I used to run the Calibra Turbo I had on it as a matter of course, so this shouldn't be any worse - I think the combined consumption of the MR2 is better nayway.

Cheers for the inputs.

I believe OPtimax is up to 100ron when it leaves the plant, but it loses it's potency quite fast and can be as low as 95RON if you get an old batch - none of the Shell literature I've seen actually quotes the RON value of the fuel. (probably for this reason).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links