Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris D4D 6-speed manual UK 2009 RPM trembling issue

Kyriakos

Hi!

First post to this forum! I am desperate! I cannot find any solution to this problem. Well as you can see on the video the RPM is always trembling when i start the car and it is idel. It stops after 5-10 minutes.

Does any of you has any suggestion on what might be causing this issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzfF7WQRQx8

Thank you!

Although I'm more used to petrol engines, looks to me as though the idle speed is too low at approx 500rpm. 

Thanx FROSTYBALLS for your response. The thing is that it stops doing that after a while.

FYI

EGR has been cleared

My 2010 reads around approx 600rpm when idle...

Not sure what causes the, but could be the idle valve control. How does the car drives? Is it jerky?

Driving is perfect except those 5 10 minutes at the beginning. Sad thing is that  i took the car to 5 different garages and no one could help me with this. Forum team is my only hope now

There is a Technical Service bulletin from Toyota which appears to include your symptoms:

Ref : EG-0054T-0110-EN

Subject: Difficult to start / unstable idle in cold condition

Models: Auris, Corolla, Urban Cruiser, Yaris, IQ

Model codes: NDE150, NLP110, NLP115, NLP90, NUJ10

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON : Some customers may complaint about either of the following conditions:

• Engine is difficult to start in a certain engine temperature range (below 5°C).

• Engine runs very unstable for a very short period directly after cold start.

PRODUCTION CHANGE: Injector spray angle is changed, in order to better match with the swirl condition inside the combustion chamber at low temperature. In parallel a new E/G software is available. Fix instigated from engine # 1079560 December 2009

REPAIR PROCEDURE: Reprogram the ECU with the latest available software and apply a new label with correct ECU part number. Replace all 4 injectors.

IMPORTANT:

1. Never mix pre and post countermeasure injectors on the same engine!

2. Always reprogram with latest available software after installing new injectors!

Thank you Devon!

I will print those instruction and handle it over the garage. Thing is as far as i recall they have reprogrammed the ECU with the latest available update. The issue dissapera for 15- 20 days and then it came back again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links