Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Torque settings for intake manifold, valve cover etc.

Verbal Kint

Hi

First question from new member.

Chasing down the P0171 error code and so far cleaned the MAF (electrical contact cleaner), replaced a black air filter. Found oil seepage around intake manifold and that seems a common problem on these. Also seems that the valve cover gasket is leaking.

Putting new gaskets in and trying to find the correct torque settings for the cover and manifold but not easy to find.

Anyone have that info for the above and the spark plugs?

What engine code is it, I may find a service manual online? I guessed mine by looking at various models, 8 NM for those with button washers (in centre) and 10 NM for the outer bolts. I don't think I used a torque wrench, started from centre in criss-cross fashion and it hasn't leaked after six months. Spark plugs 15 NM - 18 NM; 15 degrees with 1/2" ratchet.

I think it is the 1SZ.

The spark plug packaging actually states 28nm which seems quite a bit, that meant getting the big wrench out and that was just wrong so went to snug plus 1/4 turn. 15 degrees - now that's getting silly with a dial gauge!

Thanks for the other values, being small bolts I guessed they would be low.

Without starting a new thread, is there a knack to getting the cover off? I am struggling to get it past the power steering line, it is looking the worse for wear so don't want to push it overly to clear a path for the cover. Otherwise it's taking that line off.

A service manual would be great, I've looked and not found one for the engine work.

Update: undid the support bracket and moved something else, think it was a sensor. couldn't get the connector off. Cover is off and now it's raining!

You need RM686E engine manual. However, I have found the body/electrical RM910E which I have PM'd. I'll keep looking

Hi, 7.0 Nm or 62 lbf/in for the #2 cover, and 10 Nm or 84 lbf/in (same for the coil bolts) for main cover

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links