Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

petrol or diesel??

scotchglen

Check out my post, (65 plate Avenses Caution) I have the Tourer the one with BMW engine 2.0 diesel, which needed the crank shaft pulley/ tensioner/ belt etc changed before 17000mls, Vibration really bad, bit skittish when you drive over drain covers, cracks in road etc, not a smooth ride, cant wait to get shot TBH

9 hours ago, shuggler said:

Check out my post, (65 plate Avenses Caution) I have the Tourer the one with BMW engine 2.0 diesel, which needed the crank shaft pulley/ tensioner/ belt etc changed before 17000mls, Vibration really bad, bit skittish when you drive over drain covers, cracks in road etc, not a smooth ride, cant wait to get shot TBH

You make it sound like the BMW engine conversion to Toyota is not good. If the vibration is that bad, I don't blame you for wanting to change the car. Regarding the suspension, something is not right. My '09 petrol handles and rides fine, and the grip is good. There must have been a few adjustments or my car is a little softer, being older. It is still firm and not on premium brand tyres - my car is on 17" wheels.

I once mentioned that I spoke to a sales person at a dealership a while back. Hybrids and petrol versions of most models are selling well over diesel!

• Like 2

My 59 plate diesel and 12 plate petrol also rode fine and had good grip.

15 hours ago, shuggler said:

bit skittish when you drive over drain covers, cracks in road etc, not a smooth ride, cant wait to get shot TBH

It's certainly not the most compliant suspension (although your major facelift version is supposed to be improved in that regard over mine) & the Tourer at least is better with some weight in the back rather than empty. Mine certainly isn't skittish unless you are driving like a hooligan & on the limits & on 18"/45 profile tyres road imperfections are more obvious than on 17"/55 profile (true for pretty much any car I imagine). 

• Like 1

Yes KC the older version was better should have kept the one I had, I drive a VW transporter for work and that ticks over better than the Avensis, as for driving I just drive to road conditions and speed limit, if there is a crack in the road its like being in tram lines just wants to stay there, maybe a new set of tyre's may help but don't think I will have it that long, just my opinion as others on here seem quite happy with theirs.

Could well do with new tyres and has the suspension and alignment been checked.maybe something loose or broke.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links