Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV 4 XA20 Installed old Toyota 3c AWD engine

Ather

My bad.....installed an old toyota 3c awd engine in my RAV4 XA20......the car jams the front wheels after 4 yards. Any comments or solutions

One possibility, if you have hooked up the the 3c transmission to the XA20's rear drive, is that the rear diff ratio is wrong, i.e. the front and rear wheels are trying to turn at different speeds.

ditto...

...four yards = about one wheel rotation.  I presume there is a prop shaft of some sort to the rear wheel drive.  Drop that off and try again.  If it is gear ratios fighting each other... Mr. Toyota may have options on gears to change either in the rear axle or transfer box.  Also some sort of slip differencial may be an answer if this is the problem. Good luck... let us know how/if you resolve this ^

Yes daveh_rav4.....about one rotation, removed the prop shaft and its driving fine....but no AWD. Need help

Maybe the crown wheel and pinion of the donor vehicle will fit the XA20's rear axle?

Or, perhaps you could fit the XA20's transmission to the replacement engine?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links