Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

VSC and engine check light on

David D

On starting my car this morning I noticed that the warning  "VSC OFF", it's associated icon and also the check engine light were all on.

Nothing changes when I press the VSC button by the gear level.

Any ideas?

Simple checks you could carry out, are brake fluid level and if any brake bulbs are blown. I'm not suggesting that these are particularly relevant to the iQ, but I've read over the years that problems with either, can upset vehicle safety systems.

Brake fluid level was my first thought but it was fine. I cannot think what sensors are unique to VSC?

If I remember correctly I had that symptom when the brakelight bulbs were blown. I had no faultcode when I checked that. My best advise is to check your brakelights.

I think you need a fault code reader. The iQ doesn't have bulb warning circuits on it, never has on any of my blown bulbs anyway. 
Could be an ABS sensor, speed sensor, brake sensor, lots of items. 

Craig.

UPDATE:

1. Brake lights were ok.

2. Reading other forums I think the problem is not VSC but the engine check light. It appears that VSC is turned off automatically if an engine fault code occurs.

3. I removed the negative lead from the Battery this morning. Left it for 10 mins then reconnected. All warning lights are now off!

4. I do have a fault code reader and will use if this happens again. From previous experience I have found that an odd fault code can occur on any engine and, once cleared, never reoccurs. Fingers crossed!

• 6 years later...

Hi folks

i have had same issue

I I found a solution it’s the fuel cap. To reset and switch engine light and VSC please hold VSC BUTTON and keep holding down and press start button twice until all dashboard lights come on don’t start car then switch off by pressing start button again then let go of VSC BUTTON  Then press start button twice again lights are off.

hope that helps 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links