Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to Update Software on 2015 Excel Hybrid 1.5?

Gaurav

We just bought our first car - a used 2015 Yaris Hybrid Excel 1.5 CVT. So far it has been good to us but the multimedia interface could potentially be better. So I thought that maybe there are software updates in last ~2-3 years as this car must have been made in late 2014 or early 2015.

So I am trying to figure out how to update the software. I registered the car successfully on www.toyota.co.uk but am unable to add the Multimedia device there. The instructions for registering talk about 3 different types:

Toyota Touch & Go
Toyota Touch 2 With Go Generation 1
Toyota Touch 2 with Go - Generation 2

I did try to register as first option of Toyota Touch & Go but the device ID doesn't match. System Information for my vehicle is:

Software Version: XE3864
Model ID: 13TXDAEU-CA02

I don't see any device ID. Then I tried with Go Generation and paired my Android phone via bluetooth. But I don't see any option of "Connectivity" or ability to setup a Personal Hotspot on my phone to share with the car. My screen options are:

General
Display
Audio
Phone
Vehicle

Does anybody have an idea how to:
1. Register the Multimedia Device on Toyota Website?
2. Or perhaps more importantly just update the multimedia console of the Yaris?

Thanks a lot for any tips or pointers. Best regards!
Gaurav

You probably have the Touch 2 with Go first generation.

As far as I'm aware the second generation came out in 2016.

audio software XE3864 > a Touch 2 unit. if you also have "with Go" (nav) there is certainly an update & iirc it is free (there will then be further, chargeable mapping updates available). http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch2-with-go-receives-major-software-upgrade

I don't think that there is an equivalent update if you have Touch 2 only without Go but Devon Aygo should be able to confirm.

A 2015 Yaris will have Touch 2 but the fact your device ID has no mention of the navigation version and that there are no settings for mobile hot spot suggests you do not have the "GO" navigation module installed, what happens when you press the Nav button on the headunit?

In terms of the the head unit there is a software update XE3943 which includes bug fixes this can only be completed at a dealer and does not alter the user interface at all,

Toyota bulletin reference BE-0044T-0415

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON

Some customers may experience and report one or multiple of the following phenomena:

• Slow switching between radio stations (can take up to 10 seconds).

• Reset of the DA-unit during operation.

• Black screen when switching ACC OFF/ON while in reverse.

• Wrong recall of presets and station list frequencies (can not store radio station presets).

• MirrorLink compatibility update (HTC phones).

• Fix for incorrectly generated DTC-code U1110.

• Button illumination becomes very bright (flickering) after IG ON when illumination is ON.

• Slow reaction of the combi-meter when displaying song information during USB playback.

• Volume level is not stored when the car goes into ECO-run mode.

• AUX resume after ACC ON is not successful (only with Navibox connected)

• BT-audio streaming song information (track, album, artist) not displayed on combi-meter after incoming call (only without Navibox).

• Reset of the DA-unit when operating MirrorLink application.

• Incorrect current fuel consumption is displayed when pushing "update" when the car is not driving.

• Reboot of the DA-unit (showing loading icon) during cranking of the engine.

• Parking Assist screen switches OFF by itself.

The following phenomena have been fixed with previous software releases:

• The navigation prompt is set to a high volume during a handsfree phonecall.

• Touch 2 plays only one song from USB stick.

• Translation errors in the "car" and "ASL" screen when language is set to Italian

• Phone / texting related errors:

o Continuous retrieving the SMS text messages, message list not loaded.

o Continuous loading the phone contacts.

o Incoming e-mails: body text not displayed.

• When switching from AM to FM, no switch from FM to another mode is possible.

• No volume change is possible during hands free mode even though the volume knob is rotated.

• When reversing, the reverse camera screen is freezing every 6 seconds creating a jerking image.

• When driving forward, the reverse camera screen is displayed.

• It takes 8 to 15 seconds to display the list of dialled phone n°s.

• Missed calls are displayed instead of displaying the call history.

• Blank DAB service list during DAB reception

• The screen freezes during navigation voice guidance.

Thanks for your very informative and helpful replies. We do not have navigation. If I press the Nav (arrow) button on the headunit then it just tells me that I don't have navigation. Thus, I presume that our car doesn't have "Go" (nav) feature.

So then it appears that the best bet for us is to take it to Toyota dealer for an update. We can't do anything ourselves, correct?

Happy New Year to all and thanks again for your replies.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links