Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Aygo Leak

MarkP4

Hi all,

I recently bought a 5 door 2007 Aygo in the summer and going into the winter, I started to notice a hell of a lot of condensation. Thinking it may be the A/C, I ensured that the air vent was closed during the night. However, as this was unsuccessful, I started to think there may be a leak in the car. I came across this forum and the numerous threads that have been created that report that Aygos leaking is widespread in the pre-2014 models. I checked the obvious places (footwells, boot, etc) and there seems to be a leak at both rear windows and the boot. I notice there is an extremely helpful guide here as to how to waterproof the boot, but there isn't much guidance as to how to resolve the rear windows leaking. I've been looking at rubber seals that I can stick onto the glass to press against the current (worn) seal, but nothing seems suitable. It's either a foam seal which would be inadequate or a rubber seal that is too thick and may displace the glass. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Haven't come across the rear window seals giving problems - are you sure it isn't the rear door seals?

11 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Haven't come across the rear window seals giving problems - are you sure it isn't the rear door seals?

Thanks for the reply.

Certain it's the rear window seals (sealing the glass to the metal bodywork, with he opening clip too) as there was water dripping down before and after I opened the window. It would also explain how the carpets and mat were soaked, yet the seats were dry. Roof also dry. It's dark and raining at the moment so will double check tomorrow morning but I'm sure it's the window seals.

If it is the rear door window seals, the only sure way of stopping the leaks is to replace the seals, rather than try to attach something to them. Try a breaker or your Toyota dealer.

Early Mk1 Aygo built Pre Oct 2006 could suffer water ingress through the the rear window seals, to fix this Toyota redesigned the seals. The seals can be purchased from your local dealer part number 67873-0H011 and you will need 2

I agree with the guys, new window seals required sadly, i definitely wouldnt consider even attempting to take off the old seals and using sealant along with the old seals in the hope it would fix the issue, infact i know of somebody who did exactly this and the result looked terrible, sealant on thick literally all around inside and out, and if anything it leaked even more. Using 2nd hand seals is a risk too. I may have an issue with a door seal, already been quoted 100.00 all in by my toyota dealers...and i may have to bite the bullet and buy one, rather that than a swimming pool in footwell.

Best of luck Markp4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links