Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

avensis white smoke

harrod

my toyota avensis 2.2 D-Cat 2005 have white smoke when the engine is cold but the smoke is too much,after the engine get total hot the smoke is go and every think is ok , the coolant level is ok , any body can help ??

Hi halgurd, welcome to TOC :smile:

How many miles/Kms on it? It could just be water vapour or it could be the DPF regenerating - possibly that is coming to the end of it's life?

18 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Hi halgurd, welcome to TOC :smile:

How many miles/Kms on it? It could just be water vapour or it could be the DPF regenerating - possibly that is coming to the end of it's life?

thanks heidfirst

it is180.000 km  and it is no vapour , too much smoke with smell , but after motor gone full hot it will be goes 

and have you information about 5th injector ? and possible to cause this smoke ?

i have cleaned the EGR v , and no light is on inside 

coolant level is ok 

oil level is ok 

yesterday i drove it for 100 km it was every think is ok just a few minute when the motor was cold the smoke is come but too much like picture i attached 

smoke.jpg

at 180,000km it could well be that the DPF is full.

55 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

at 180,000km it could well be that the DPF is full.

but the DPF light is not on . is this normal ? 

does it have a DPF light? I never had a T180 but I am not aware of the Avensis having  a DPF light (& I had 2 2.2 D4Ds, 1 without DPF & 1 with DPF).

The t180 doesn’t have a dpf light it will just keep trying to regenerate it’s been a on going problem with mine turns out some one has gutted it

2 hours ago, rdy416 said:

The t180 doesn’t have a dpf light it will just keep trying to regenerate it’s been a on going problem with mine turns out some one has gutted it

In which case you may have problems come MOT time, especially when the more stringent testing comes into being from May 2018.

• Like 1

In which case you may have problems come MOT time, especially when the more stringent testing comes into being from May 2018.

Yeh I know tell me about it all this has stemmed from my turbo passing oil through the hot side.

The previous owner obviously had a smoke issue but decided to gut the dpf instead of replacing the turbo and didn’t get the dpf mapped out.

I’ve got the injector disconnected at the moment to stop the fuel just being chucked out of the tail pipe which has now come up with the p2002 code which I’m not to bothered about at the moment.

I’ve done this until I can decide what my next move is weather to replace the dpf or get it mapped like my garage said or do something else.

Luckily the garage I took it to does mot’s Lol but I know what your saying.

• 3 weeks later...
Luckily the garage I took it to does mot’s Lol but I know what your saying.

Little update on this. Saturday something major happened which has led to the following events. Went out for a drive got about a mile down the road a loud pop then a extremely loud howling started and the car went into limp mode.

Pulled over and had a look at the boost pipes thinking one had come off. Couldn’t see anything obvious so pulled the vacuum pipe on the turbo actuator the howling stopped so turned round and drove back home.

Called the rac they came out sorry mate turbo has gone wrong. It was only re cored on the 8th February anyway Car gets recovered to the garage that done the work this morning and it’s booked in for Monday for the turbo but I ordered a new dpf as well so they can fit that whilst the car is apart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links