Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisy drive train disconnect

Raymondouk

Occasionally, I hear a noise when, at rest, I press 'STOP' on my Auris Hybrid.  It is something like standing in an empty Water Butt and kicking the side with hob nailed boots.  It does not happen every time and so I forget about it and after event I cannot recall the situation. Has anyone any idea what it could be?  I still have a few days before my warranty runs out but would like to be forwarned of the likely cause before visiting my Toyota dealer as they, in my opinion, have this superior attitude and tend to talk down to customers.  I am going to try to record the noise before I go as well, bet it does not appear before my visit.

Took the car into Toyota Main Dealer and the noise was replicated by a Technician while I was a passenger.  It is something to do with the braking system but is still safe to drive.  I have booked the car in for replacement under warranty.  Good job as it is an all day job and the parts are quite expensive.  It was said this type of problem usually occurs on Taxis, of something like that.  It appears not to be the drive train after all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links