Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shoddy service

Nick Brown

Is it me or am I expecting to much!

Just had my Aygo serviced and yet again when I come home and check the oil level you find it is overfilled. On the paperwork it seems that the technician has checked the level twice someone needs glasses! Calling the service manager on Monday. Rant over. 

just double check your car is on level ground when checking the oi level

as the workshop floor / ramp will be level this could effect the level on the dipstick

and make sure the oil is cold when checking.

• Like 2

Good advice, Mark! :thumbup1:

I know the Aygo dipstick is a.....bit of a dipstick (Other Fools and Horses quotes are available 😉 ) but what I have found with mine is this:-

Check your oil on level ground, when it's cold (As per @eygo )

Pull the dipstick out and just wipe it.....Then insert the dipstick fully, leave for a second or two, pull it out and inspect it....Only then will you get a good idea of your oil level.

The Aygo really seems to have a "One dip" oil  level check and I have a refill bottle of oil in the boot (unopened as it happens) that is ready for doing my own oil check....Drive into Skipton, park up, go shopping, come back a couple of hours later and check the oil...I kid you not, my driveway is on a slope and I never trust any oil reading at home.

I have said that my refill bottle is unopened and I think that is down to my local, independent garage, they are superb and to be honest, I don't need a refill as they provide a check up and refill check between services, free of charge, for any cars that are "on their books".

Nick, you're a Lancashire Lad, like me....No, I don't think you're asking too much!!!  All Garages should provide decent service.

All the best Fettler! :smile:

After calling RRG Toyota Bolton, I was given instructions on how to check engine oil. I am a 57 year old engineer and have been able to check oil since I could reach the dipstick! 

However I have been advised not to drive the vehicle, the only time I have free is Saturday morning they are not interested.

People please don't use RRG Bolton, if they are unable to check oil levels what else can't they do. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links