JD1972

Aygo water leak and recall

Hi I just purchased an 07 aygo with he intention of keeping for my daughter to use in a year or so.  I checked the DVLA for MOT issues, however once I collected the car I checked again as i wanted to get it serviced and check if anything needed doing to make it safe.  I have noticed that the back seats have some mildew on and are damp and the on the drivers side back door on the bottom of the window seal is wet.   The car also smells horrid.  I also noticed that the DVLA showed up a safety recall - I called toyota about this and they said its to do with rear windows and that they are in the process of sending letters out to owners and working on finding a solution - how long is this likely to take and what can I do about the damp?  Already spent £500 on new tyres and a service.

As far as I'm aware Toyota offered an extended warranty covering water leaks to five years from first registration - which in your car's case would have been until 2012.

As you've just got your Aygo, did you buy it from a dealer (not necessarily Toyota)  or in a private sale. If from a dealer, you should be covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - see 'The first six months' of the following:  https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

As regards the recent recall, it is for the rear side windows on the five door Aygo

Have you checked the boot/spare wheel well for water? If you find it wet, see my post 17th March '19

Btw. Our dealer did the rear wind recall while I waited.

• Like 1