Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Window Recall

Headhurts.

On Friday I took my wife’s 2011 Aygo into the dealership for a recall on the rear windows.

The job was done but it was not until we got home that I took a proper look.

I have added a photo and to be honest the job looks a bit unfinished and not really professional looking.

Would anyone know if this is as it should be?

It looks to me like there should be a bit of finishing trim but to be honest I cannot recall what it was like before but I feel if it was like this I would have noticed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

f5bef522f37575b7d04ac256b2490aa3.jpg

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at the picture the foam strip means all the hinges on your windows were either secure or able to be resecured and the recall involved adding additional bonding between the two hinges on the glass sticking the glass to the door.

The bonding is akin to the way your windscreen is bonded in and the foam you see is a finisher stopping the adhesive from moving out when the glass is refitted to the doors albeit the foam fitting is not as tidy as it could be.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

My daughters 2009 Toyota Argo had the rear side windows rebonded as part of the recall in 2021. The rear passenger window fell out on Saturday 9th september. We are being told that it is not part of the recall issue and she needs to pay to get her window unit replaced herself and service section are recommending that both windows should be replaced. Any advice ? 

Presumably it is a Toyota dealer telling you this.

What has actually failed - the bonding, the hinges or ....

Could contact Toyota GB Customer Services if it is the bonding to seek their advice.

If it isn't the directly related to the work done under the recall, it may not be covered as recall work usually doesn't come with any warranty.

• Like 1

Yes it is the Toyota dealer. Our own mechanic had looked at it and said the bonding/glue holding the window on had failed. That’s why I took it back to dearership that had fixed it as part of the recall. They said that they have a video of the work they did in 2021 and Toyota were satisfied that it had been done correctly . 

2 hours ago, T Arlow said:

Yes it is the Toyota dealer. Our own mechanic had looked at it and said the bonding/glue holding the window on had failed. That’s why I took it back to dearership that had fixed it as part of the recall. They said that they have a video of the work they did in 2021 and Toyota were satisfied that it had been done correctly . 

Really they filmed it ?????  With quote just incase It ever fell out   yeaa right . 

Where can I find out about recall thing . 

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hi thank you  I checked an says no not affected.  Cheers 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links