Sign in to follow this  
yrn11

Oil data reset - Auris Hybrid 2012

Recommended Posts

Hi, after replacing engine Oil do I need to reset Oil data ? 

I've tried holding the trip reset / display button while switched without any luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your owners manual for correct procedure how to reset it.

If it's not there, you can download electronic version from Toyota's website, for free, which has more info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, furtula said:

Check your owners manual for correct procedure how to reset it.

If it's not there, you can download electronic version from Toyota's website, for free, which has more info.

it's a bit tough to get it since it is sold in the UK and not available in .com website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toyota.com is the US website for Toyota, and although electronic owners manuals are available to download, the Auris wasn't sold in the US until 2014 (renamed the Scion IM).

The UK webpage for owners manuals is https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual - do a generic search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it that you have a warning display on at the moment?  If you haven't then this post may be of help.

I have a idea that your car is too old to have its manual as a pdf version on the Toyota GB website.  I wonder if other countries are the same position with digitising the owner's manuals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the OP's car is first generation (2007-2012), the manual isn't available. If the car is second generation (Dec 2012 on), it is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 1st generation one.

The P 182 reference is just a picture of the odometer with parts explained.

image.thumb.png.2ddb3be755200436afb1cea06f48d7ee.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, furtula said:

From the 1st generation one.

The P 182 reference is just a picture of the odometer with parts explained.

image.thumb.png.2ddb3be755200436afb1cea06f48d7ee.png

Yes, I've tried that without luck. as far as I understood my car doesn't count driven mileage till the next maintenance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure your car is 2012?

You have the manuals here, enter your VIN, or do a generic search using year and month you car was made to get the correct manual

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, furtula said:

Are you sure your car is 2012?

You have the manuals here, enter your VIN, or do a generic search using year and month you car was made to get the correct manual

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Yes, 12.2012

It won't find nay manual by VIN, and according manual it's only for Diesel engine, mine is petrol hybrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they dont want people touching their hybrids.

Method on this video looks different than what it says in the manual, and pictures show hybrid dash, so might give it a try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dikOJKIlE-I

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the UK a 12.2012 car could be either of these models. Just to remove any doubt, which one of these versions does yours look like? 

 

Toyota-Auris-1.thumb.png.b994c9aced0b6f4d099f447cf690518a.png

toyota_auris_2012_2012_toyota_auris_180_xr_hsd_hybrid_5340134546619070387.thumb.jpg.1bcdc04be75180d1231bfd4ebdd708ff.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gerg said:

In the UK a 12.2012 car could be either of these models. Just to remove any doubt, which one of these versions does yours look like? 

 

Toyota-Auris-1.thumb.png.b994c9aced0b6f4d099f447cf690518a.png

toyota_auris_2012_2012_toyota_auris_180_xr_hsd_hybrid_5340134546619070387.thumb.jpg.1bcdc04be75180d1231bfd4ebdd708ff.jpg

 

 

toyota_auris_2012_2012_toyota_auris_180_xr_hsd_hybrid_5340134546619070387.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, yrn11 said:

Yes, I've tried that without luck. as far as I understood my car doesn't count driven mileage till the next maintenance.

As per the excerpt you've attached only the diesel models have a service counter.reminder, there is nothing to reset on your car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Club Hybrid Poll

  • 199 Hybrid Reliability

    1. 1. If you were to consider buying a Hybrid model over 5 years old, would you be worried about the reliability of the Hybrid system?


      • Not really as Hybrid systems are always reliable
      • Not if it had a Manufacturers Warranty on the Hybrid system
      • I would not buy a Hybrid model over 5 years old