Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Ultimate Tyres

Leeky

The Supra is going into the spray shop on Monday to be cleaned up a bit and when i get it back im thinking of dumping the badly worn Bridgestones at the front and the badly crap Nankangs at the rear in favour of some super rubber in time for JAE! :D B)

So what would you guys say were the best tyres i could invest in?

Had Yokohama A539's on the GT4 and well.....lets not say too much about those shall we <_<

I want some tyres that are excellent all rounders. Want great grip on tarmac in the dry but also dont want to crap my pants every time i drive in the wet.

Dont need to worry too much about ice or snow as the simple equation below proves..

Supra + Snow = Deathwish :lol:

Leeky doesnt do extreme weather :P , so anyway answers on a postcard please.....oh or just a reply on here will do :thumbsup:

ive got bridestone potenza re050s on mine

cant fault them TBH

have a gander on mytyres.co.uk and read the reviews

Toyo Proxes T1-S! Best wet tyre in Europe I heard (thats just wot i heard b4 i get shot down) and wear reasonably well and don't put too much of a dent in the wallet!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Toyo Proxes T1-S!

I'll second that :thumbsup:

You won't get more bang for your buck.

Next on the list would be Goodyear Eagle F1's, but they aren't cheep and probably won't last quite as long as the Toyos B)

Check mytyres.co.uk for the best pricing in the country. Their prices include delivery and VAT so all you need to do is find someone to fit the tyres and balance the wheels for a decent rate :thumbsup:

As you said - stay away from the Yoki's

EDIT: just saw Jaxx's post doh! on the mytyres thing... Although the RE50's are good, you will definately need a softer (stickier) compound on the rear that hold it's own in the wet.

Edited by System~G

Toyo's, Goodyears then Bridgestones ..

And get down to Bracknell tyre and Battery ..

have toyo's now, great tyre but not much life in them...

had them on my IS for 20k on the front, and 25k on the rears now.

the rears will need changing shortly though.

:thumbsup: Toyo all the way, the only tyre ive been using for years :thumbsup:

Pirelli P Zero for me. On my third set - just can't fault them - got 15,000miles out of the first set and just a tad more out of the second.

Toyo T1-S !!! Sticks like glue in the dry and wet even when the treads gone down to totally illegal limits (i.e. none) :!Removed!: ...which it does fairly quickly and is its only drawback...

Thanks guys, had a look around but i think im gonna go for a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 1's.

My biggest concern with this much power is loosing the rear out especially in the wet, the Uniroyals come recommended as the best wet tyre available.

Also the dry grip levels and wear are similar to that of the Toyos and Michellins.

Also £370 for the full set (2 x 235/45/17 & 2x 255/40/17) sounds quite reasonable.

What do you think?

:thumbsup:

My biggest concern with this much power is loosing the rear out especially in the wet, the Uniroyals come recommended as the best wet tyre available.

Where did you hear that?

It's a first for me... I have only heard bad things about them from mates that tried them.

The uniroyals are generally more expensive than Toyos (unless you got a deal somewhere).

Mate, go with Toyos :thumbsup:

toyos should be much cheaper than £370 mate

have you tried mytyres.co.uk ? free delivery next working day and their tyres are dirt cheap...

just checked for you:

Toyo PROXES T1-S 235/45 ZR17 94Y Rim-protection (So) 82.40 £ 2 164.80 £

Toyo PROXES T1-S 255/40 ZR17 94Y Rim-protection (So) 97.60 £ 2 195.20 £

Subtotal = 360.00 £

ok so not much cheaper lol! but for £10 less youre getting by far the best tyres around and free delivery on top! Ive had personal experience with this company, recommend them highly :thumbsup:

I had uniroyals on my old MR2 .. they were pony .. very pony ..

I've just had Toyo's fitted on my YTS and I have to say they look VERY cool. Great looking tread. Very sporty.

Kaz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links